Chapter 23 : Honesty

d a m i l o l a

I wonder when parties became so boring for me.

Some random guys bumps into me, yelling "nice ass!" as he runs the other direction, making me roll my eyes at the typical boy action. Disgusting.

Honestly coming here was a mistake, I should've just stayed at home and watched Chicago Med with my mom like she wanted us to. But apparently this is the "party of the century" where all the "hot boys" are and missing it will be very "un-Lola" of me. Sasha's words, not mine.

(God, why do I even still hang out with her?)

I see an empty spot on one of the chairs in the balcony of this giant mansion, and I waste no time getting over there regardless of how damn painful it is to walk in these stilettos. I make sure to close the doors behind me, blocking out at least some of the music.

A wave of relief washes over me when I sit down. The chair cushion is comfy, my feet can finally rest, and there aren't too many people nearby except for the guy that is peacefully sitting on the couch opposite me... wait a second.

"Hi Lola." Jungkook wears a shy smile...and green sweatpants that make me think fuck.

Boys in sweatpants are my weakness, especially boys that look like they just came straight out of a magazine. He's manspreading on the chair with a hand in his pocket and another on the arm of it; his golden skin glistens under the moonlight; and his lips are reddened with...strawberry lip balm? He said it was his favourite once.

How dare he look so good in the most casual clothing ever.

"Hey," I reply. He didn't notice me checking him out, did he? I hope he didn't. "what's up?"

He shrugs, "Nothing much. The music is hurting my ears actually." He chuckles. "I think I'm getting tired of parties."

"I know the feeling."

"정말 [Really]?" Surprise is laced in his tone. "Aren't you the queen of partying?"

I laugh lightly, amused. "Maybe it's time for the queen to step down."

His messy hair sways as he shakes his head. "A queen will always be a queen."

I can't help the butterflies I feel in my stomach; nor the heating up of my cheeks. Thank God he can't see the redness.

"Lola means nothing to me."

The memory brings a frown.

I snap out of it when Jungkook gets up from the couch, as slow as a snail, and moves towards me. The weight of the couch shifts beneath as he slumps down next to me. Right now, I can see a tiny twinkle in his eyes.

Once again, how dare he look so good.

"How's everything?" He rests his head on the top cushion, gazing at me with that look of genuine interest that can have me selling my soul to him.

I shrug. "It's g-"

"Nope." He cuts me off and shakes his head. "I don't want those fake replies. Be real with me Lola."

I blink rapidly, unsure of what to say.

I could just lie, but I know Jungkook's been having a hard time with trust, due to all the lies (Jessica) around him, so I tell the truth.