Heartbreak

Lewis walked in and set Ryan's cup of coffee on his coaster.
"You have guests here, Mr. Ryan." He took a sip of his own coffee.
"Go ahead and let them in." Ryan said while Lewis was on the way to put his coffee cup on his own desk.
"Yes, Mr. Ryan." Lewis answered and opened the door.

The first man who walked in was about 6'3", with a sharp jawline and sky-blue eyes. He had straight, short brown hair, and a scar that stretched from the top of his right eyebrow, to the bottom of his right cheek, and curved to his chin. Ryan couldn't believe it. To him, the scar almost seemed...man-made. As if he wanted to take a knife and cut himself in such a way. It was rather intimidating.

"Hello, is this...Mr. Ryan?" The man asked, glancing at a small white card. Ryan noticed his muscular build. 'God, I wish I had that kind of a body...' he thought.

"Y-yes, of course." Ryan answered after a few seconds, his face burning with embarrassment.

The man stared at Ryan and walked toward his desk, bumping Lewis over as if he didn't exist. Lewis nearly fell, but the other man, who decided to stay at the door, helped him up.

"My name's Marcus. It's nice to meet you, Mr. Ryan." The man greeted as he held out his hand, smiling warmly. Ryan nervously shook it. Compared to Ryan's hands, Marcus' were really rough.

"I-It's nice to meet you t-too."
'Why am I stuttering!?' Ryan yelled in his head.

Marcus let go.
"So...I heard there was a case of a missing mother and daughter?"

Ryan nodded.
"We're trying to get a lead on it, but...we're stumped."

"Radiance took them." The man by the door replied in a faltering voice. He was 6'7", and had deep brown eyes. He had a scar on his cheek and curly brown hair that seemed barely contained.

"Radiance?" Ryan questioned. He had heard the name so many times before, but didn't have a clue as to who it was.

"You know, the leader of the Rebellion, the one who initiated all those files of missing people..." Marcus continued blabbing about the dragon's shenanigans.

"Thanks for helping me up." Lewis whispered to the man by the door.

"Not a problem." The man whispered and smiled a little. "I'm Shawn Mendes."
"Lewis Dawkins." Lewis answered and shook his hand hurriedly.

"Why are we whispering?" Shawn asked.
"Mr. Ryan would usually get onto me for casual conversation."
"Why?"
"He says it's not professional..."
"And that it doesn't get you money." Shawn finished. Lewis nodded, with an expression of slight shock.

"I've heard of Mr. Ryan before." Shawn explained.
"Oh."

Ryan wasn't sure what those two were talking about, but he dismissed it. He wasn't in the mood to get onto Lewis today.

Marcus suddenly finished his sentence. Ryan looked at him.
"Oh! Yeah. Him...Radiance...I'm not surprised." He looked down.
Marcus leaned over Ryan's desk, getting closer to his face. His voice got lower and softer.
"Why, of course it wouldn't surprise you....you know all about it, don't you?"

Ryan's face suddenly burned, remembering his words, his irresistible smirk, and especially his soft tone. He felt satisfying chills down his spine.
"...Y-Yeah...yeah...." Ryan murmured softly and somewhat shyly, with a hint of a smile on his face.

Ryan couldn't remember the rest of their conversation, but he remembered how Marcus was smirking the entire time and had that look in his eye...

"Marc, that's about enough." Shawn ordered, finishing his conversation with Lewis.

"Aw, alright...but one more thing..." Marcus leaned over and kissed Ryan's lips softly. Ryan was frozen in place.
Marcus let go from the savory kiss and licked his lips.

"See you later....Ryan."  Marcus winked at him as he walked out. Shawn, with an astonished look on his face, followed closely behind.

Ryan stared down at the nametag on his desk, the words echoing in his mind until he heard Lewis close the door. Ryan looked up and saw his face was red, making his startlingly ice blue eyes very noticeable. His eyes seemed somewhat shimmery as well...

Lewis looked away, without a word, and quietly walked into his room before slamming the door behind him.