Do You Know Where Your Children Are?

"I Saw... I saw, a woman. Around his same age. Tall, thin, short hair. Didn't look so happy, maybe she was tired? He was sitting with her, holding her hand." She described.

"What.... What did you say....?" I asked, desperately.

"Well, I...-"  Destiny was hesitating. She seemed nervous. 

"What. Did. You. Say." I repeated.

"Don't kill me." She begun. "I, I told him."

"Des, you told him what." At this point it wasn't even a question. I demanded to know.

"I told him what happened."

        I didn't have to hear anymore. I felt enraged, embarrassed, betrayed. 

"Get. Out." I said, trying to stay as calm as possible. 

"Nat. I felt he needed to kn-"

"Get. Out." I repeated again, a little louder this time.

"Natalie. This will help you, this will help you get him back!" 

"I don't want him back out of sympathy! Besides, he's happy now. So I will say it again. Let me be to myself. Get. Out." I put my head into my hands, now trying to relieve my headache. This just placed a heavy amount of stress on my body. I felt my color drain from my face, all of my body glowing a bright shade of pale. How, how could my own sister? Tell Michael something so, so serious! So, so secrative! This was to be shared with no one! Michael didn't need to know about Leon. Michael didn't need to know anything about me anymore! He's better off without me anyway!

        All these thoughts and more swirled about my head creating a storm of emotions. I felt myself drop onto my bed. I knew Destiny left the room, I knew I was alone, and I felt that I was meant to always be alone. I was happier alone. I was more comfortable alone. I was less stressed alone. 

I heard a running up the stairs and a knock on my door. "Destiny I'm not in the mood." 

"So, this is a bad time." That was not Destiny's voice.

"Who....?" I whispered to myself wiping my face and push my messy hair back out of my face, walking towards my door. 

And, of course, opening my door, I knew who it was.

"What are you doing here!?" 

And I felt an embrace, an embrace I've been missing for the longest time. 

"She told me." And I was now staring.... staring into Michael's eyes. "Why didn't you?" 

        And my eyes quickly scrolled from his eyes to Destiny running up behind him.

"Um. May, may I have a minute? Destiny, come here." And she followed me into our room as I shut the door slightly trying not to be rude. "What. The fuck. Is he doing here." I whispered to her. 

"I had nothing to do with this. He was worried." 

"Worried over MY business that YOU decided to share. I'm so pissed at you right now. You wait till he fucking leaves." And I opened the door again. 

        "I'm sorry." And Destiny sneakily escaped through the tight doorway. "Would you like to come in?" I offered him a seat on Destiny's bed, across from mine, where I sat.

        "Natalie. Why didn't you tell me this happened?"

        "Slipped my mind." I lied.

        "I don't wanna hear that. Is everything okay? Are you okay?"

        "All's fine." Oh, another lie.

        "Oh, God bless." He sighed with relief. "I care about you, very much."

And here's where things got bad.

        "I don't want to hear that." 

        "What are you talking about?" 

        "You don't. You don't care. To think, I was stupid enough to believe that you...-"

        "Nat, what are y-"

        "Natalie. It's Natalie. And I was always Natalie. Natalie the background dancer. Nothing more."

        "Natalie I don't unde-"

        "You were right. It's not a good time. You should go."

        "Natalie! What's this about?" I 've never heard him really raise his voice like that. 

      "I, I was stupid. I waited, Michael. I waited, for way too long." I started to feel tears swell up in my eyes.

        "Waited for what?"

        "Y- Nothing. This really isn't a good time. Please g-" 

And I was stopped. I couldn't speak if I tried. He grabbed my face and pulled it forcefully into his. Our lips caught each other as they once did and it felt like it did years ago. After the second of bliss I came back to reality and pushed away. 

        "What kind of shit are you trying to play here. Don't think I don't know about-"

        "Lisa." He finished my sentence. 

        "Is that her name?" I asked, the tears now pouring down my cheeks.

        "Lisa Marie. Presley, actually." 

        "Wow. I can't believe you just did that." I stormed out of my own room, as I Heard him say "Natalie you don't understand." 

        "What is there to understand!? Please enlighten me if I 'don't understand'." 

        "What Lisa and I have, isn't love. It's acting. It's press." 

I looked back at him, now grabbing him this time and allowing our lips to dance again. It felt so wrong yet right at the same time and I didn't know if I could believe him but I knew he was all I wanted. He was all I needed.