The Next Day...

"Good morning everyone! Now, time is of the essence. We only have two more rehearsals after this one before the final dress rehearsal. With the love. L-O-V-E." Michael said, smiling at his tired-looking crew. "Okay! From the top! 1-2-3-4 and-"

And there was the music cue. 

Drums were beating, keyboards were ringing, guitars were blaring, etc. 

"Liberian Girl...

You came and you changed my world

A love so complete

Liberian Girl....

You came and you changed me girl

A feeling so true." Michael sang, and soon the rest of the singers backed him up.

"Liberian Girl

You know that you came and you changed my world,

Just like in the movies..."

For some reason, Natalie felt her face get blushy and hot. Just the sound of his voice made her calm.

"With two lovers in a scene,

And she says do you love me

And he says so endlessly,

I love you Liberian girl...." 

As Michael sang this part, Natalie imagined it.

She and him, just two of them.

Why, that would be paradise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the whole run through, it was finally time for a 10 minute break. Natalie was relieved to finally get off her feet, for that rehearsal had been dreadful. MIchael complimented each and every dancer, except for her. The only words he said to her were "Natalie, that move goes like this: bam! It's- it's a pop. Like this. Bam. Bam. It's- you see?" He said, doing the moive each time he said 'bam'. She took the instruction and kept trying until she got it right.

"You turned pink again Nat..." Jaime said, walking beside her co-dancer.

"I know...." Natalie said disappointedly, rubbing her head.

"How come he only corrected you though....?" Jaime pondered. 

"I was wondering the same thing..." Natalie said, under her breath. 

"Hey, it's okay...!" Jaime reassured her.

"No. I'm tired of hearing 'it's ok'; 'it's fine'; 'we're all human'. It's annoying! I've been making a lot of mistakes lately and I don't know why!" You can tell she was aggravated. 

"Maybe it's because you're nervous...." Jaime suggested.

"Of..?" Natalie asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"....Michael...." Jaime looked uncomfortable saying that, but she knew it was the truth. 

Natalie was uncomfortable too, but she admit. "Yeah, I know... But... Why...?!" 

"Because you love him!" Jaime exclaimed.

As soon as she yelled that, everyone went silent.

"Jaime!" Natalie yelled quietly.

"Nat- I'm sorry, I-"

"It's ok... No one knew who you were talking about at least...." Natalie said, in a calmer tone.

"Who do you love?" She heard a soft voice ask from behind her.

She turned around and saw

Michael.

"Oh... no one, I-" Natalie was pinker than ever.

"Come on." Michael laughed. "You can trust me."

"I know but-"

"I know. It's none of my business. I was joking. It's okay." He said, still smiling.

"No it's just-"

"Come on! Time to practice!" He said, signalling her to follow, and he walked away.

"Nat, you had him. You could've told him right then and THERE." Jaime said.

"I know...." Natalie said disappointedly.

"Natalie. Can I just tell him? Please?" Jaime begged.

"I'll kill you." Natalie threatened.

"Fine." Jaime rolled her eyes.

And the two walked back onstage, and rehearsal began once again.