The team

„Well that's that.", Lee finished his report.

"And she really doesn't want to do anything else?", the slender but beautiful woman sitting in front of him asked back. Lee nodded and a sigh escaped her lips. It felt strange to be alone with her in one room. In her room. It was bigger than most of the other rooms and the house it was in was right next to the Main. His eyes went to her wide bed and he swallowed hard. They broke up just a week ago and he himself was the one that told her they had to stop. No way to change that now.

Reiko didn't follow his gaze but a slight sadness seeped into her ocean blue eyes.

"Then that means your team gets a new member, I guess.", she concluded, her voice firm. Lee could only admire how much self-control she had to be able to treat him just like any other Captain. Maybe even like a friend.

"Yes."

"Anything else?"

"Not really."

"Then you can go. I've got work to do.", Reiko already lowered her gaze to the paper stacked on her desk. It was hard to imagine how the leader of a refugee camp would end up with so much paperwork, but it was there waiting to be taken care of. Lee slipped out of the room without another word. As he stood in the hallway he stopped for a moment to calm his beating heart.

"Ya really shouldn't have broken up if ya still love her enough to be standing in front of her door like that."

Roku grinned at him, leaning in his own doorway this time. His room was right next to the one of his big sis, though he had another one were he could take a girl without her noticing. He sometimes even took a boy, a passion Lee could not understand and Reiko probably still thought of Roku as the innocent boy he once was.

Lee tried to ignore his hurtful comment and walked right past him towards the door leading outside. He followed right after him though.

"So what did'ya talk about, Cap?"

"Just gave her a report about the new one.", Lee answered with a voice as indifferent as he could muster. It still didn't feel right to have Sora fight.

"And? Is she an airbender?", Roku asked. He caught up to walk besides him as Lee headed towards the outskirts of the ruins.

"No idea."

"The hell. She must have told ya somethin'."

"She said she once used airbending to defend herself but nothing specific. Seems like it's a memory she'd rather not recall."

"Well... we all have somethin' like that don't we?", said Roku giving him a quick look.

"Yeah.", answered Lee as if he didn't notice the hidden question. He knew about Roku's past. How his father was killed in the war and his mother died of an illness leaving her children all alone in this world with no one to help them. Roku once told him with a pained look on his face. Pretty much everyone in these ruins had a story of that kind but it was not common to go around telling everyone. It hurts too much. So Lee was one of the few he had ever shared his story with and some part of Roku seemed to expect the same from him. However Lee never talked about his own past and he planned to never do it. He showed him the big scars on his back though.

"She's going to join us.", Lee stated in an attempt to change the topic. It worked.

"What?! That little girls comin' to the team?"

"Exactly. I'll introduce her in training."

"I don't believe it. That little thing didn't look much of a fighter."