Part. / 8

Previously on Love, Elliot: I turned my back against the door, and clutched the rod of my balcony. Wiping my tears, my eyes darted towards a dark figure. Standing on my porch.

Elliot. His face told me he knew everything about my fax machine.

'Who is there? erm...hello! who's out there?', I softly yelled. What the actual heck, I already knew who it was...but I just wanted to hear it from him. From Elliot.

'Can you come here? I need to talk to you. Urgently,' he spoke sternly.

What? No 'please' not even an apologizing tone? Does this boy have no shame or regret? After he told me to keep his little 'secret'?

I debated on whether going to him was worth it or not. I didn't even realize that I kept staring at him for 5 whole seconds.

Uhmm. I'm not okay.

I hugged my sweater tighter to myself as I walked downstairs. It was rather chilly at night, so Elliot can't judge me if I look like a hobo on these freezing nights.

'Yes?' What do you want?'

His back was against me and through the corner of my eye I saw him picking at the daisies my mom grew.

'Hey! Those are special, so you might wanna keep your filthy hands off of them', I spoke sternly. Nice.

Once he turned his head, I saw that devilish smirk that doesn't seem to be pulled off his face. I would love to yank it off.

'Listen..I-I didn't mean to yell at you at that time with the cops. It was just a situation where I knew I needed your help.'

'Ohhh, Mister Elliot Kingston, wants my help? You know, it's pretty surprising that you seem to go everywhere I go. You seem to know things...normal people won't.'

'Haha! And what do I seem to know?'

'You didn't answer my first suspicion.'

'Look. I don't think we've given proper introductions I-

'I don't need an introduction. All I need is why they hell are you up on my porch and making yourself look intimidating and powerful when I know your not? I mean you barely have any money, you're dad is a drug addict-

I stopped right there in my tracks. I just told him everything I know about him and his life when he has never even tried talking to me.

'Well I- wait a minute. How do you know so much about me? How do you know about me not having enough money...and how do you know my dad's a drug-addict?', he stared at me intently. Waiting for my reply.

'Well um..d-doesn't everyone know about your dad?'

He stepped forward. With every step, I backed away as much as I could. But didn't give away that I was afraid of him. I hope.

'Answer my question, Kathy. Answer me.'

I must have had a confused look on my face as to how did he know my  name. 

'Have you been stalking me?', he spoke with an amused look on his face.

'No. I have not. I don't have time to stalk a powerless, selfish and an ill-mannered person like you.'

He nodded his head and backed away. As if nothing even happened. 

Jerk.

Mouth-breather.

'I have my sources', he spoke and trailed off. Into the wild I guess.

I stood on my porch for approximately 5 minutes before turning the knob of my front door.

'Sweetie, is that you? Kathy?', I heard dad's voice from upstairs.

Walking up the stairs, I noticed his head sticking out halfway through the door. 

'Yes dad, it's me.'

'Why were you outside? Did something happen?'

'Oh no. Nothing happened. Please go to bed, I'm fine', I smiled cheerfully with baggy eyes.

He waved goodnight and closed his door.

The screeching noise.

I ran to the end of our corridor, and saw the fax kind of sizzling up - kinda like giving me a warning of what was about to come. What?

Dear Kathy,

I'm sorry for acting the way I did earlier. I regret it now. Please don't be mad at me. I'm trying my best to stay connected with people, but school's about to start and well, I'm prepping for it all. I have been trying to call you for the past few days but I think your number might have changed.

Listen, I have this guy...well, I have this friend. His name's Elliot Kingston. He's in desperate need of some cash or some type of loan. He really needs it.  He's dropped out of college to help his dad pay bills and needs this, possibly for his coming semester he's about to join. He called me a day or two ago since I haven't been receiving his fax yet.

Please tell your dad to lend him some money. I will pay you back soon as soon as I can.

Love, Tom.