Part. / 5

Previously on Love, Elliot: 'OH', I gasped.

There, I saw the bottle of wine on the grass with the top of its glass cracked open. Lying next to it, was Elliot's dad, his head covered with blood with the glass stuck on his head.

I started to run away. I felt as if my heart would break through my chest. I started moving towards my house when I heard sirens. There, a red ambulance came and parked in front of Elliot's house. I stood at my porch. I don't know why but I just didn't feel like going home. My dad would start asking questions about my day, and i don't know if i can answer them.

I started walking back. I walked back till I reached Elliot's house. His back was against me as he stood on the sidewalk, looking at his dad speed away. I was about to leave when I heard his whimpers and cries.

'You. Who are you? Why are you here? How long have you been standing here?', his blood shot eyes looked at me intently.

I figured not telling him my name. 

'erm...hello. I-I saw...I mean I heard sirens so I decided to check what was going on', I heard myself mummer.

I felt him standing close to me. Closer than normal. I tried to look him in the eye, but found myself guilty for some reason.

'You cannot tell anyone about this, you hear me?', he growled, trying to remain calm.

'I-I won't. I promise', for some reason when I did that, I crossed my heart, which obviously was an odd way to make a promise to a stranger. My dad somehow got me into this habit since I learned how to talk.

I caught him staring at me again. When I looked up at him, maintaining full confidence and showing him that he can't baby me like that. 

Pfft. I'll show him who can do it better.

When I came back from my thoughts, he was nowhere to be found. 

*~*

The next day, I decided to do some gardening. It was my favorite hobby to do with my mom. Ever since then, I just haven't had time to do anything I liked. It was either studying or studying. Story of my life, I know.

As soon as I walked through my front door, I had an unusual feeling. I felt as if I should go back inside. It's not safe for you right now. I then heard sirens. Again. But this time around, they were different. 

I then noticed a police car. Then another one. Then another one.

I tried to remain calm, but I felt as if I would have a panic attack right now. Why am I so nervous? I noticed they knocked on the red glass door with a 'home sweet home' banner hung up. 

Elliot then walked out. He shut the door behind him almost instantly. This could go two ways. Either he was hiding something, like drugs. I can't be quick to judge. That's not right. At all. Or maybe he didn't want them to come inside. Both connected the points though.

I couldn't exactly hear what they were saying. I kept looking back and forth between them to make out something of this conversation. Am I a stalker?  Elliot just kept nodding his head up and down. He didn't open his mouth even once.

Fighting in my thoughts, I didn't even notice the policeman that stood on my porch. He had a notepad in his hand with some scribbles I couldn't make out.

'Mam, we're here to report an investigation of Daniel Kingston. We're here to report last night's event that took place in Park Avenue. Do you have any idea how this happened?', he spoke smoothly. Kinda showing off that he's done this a million times.

I tried to speak up but I couldn't. Ugh.  I have to now and I am going to.

'I did see some action here last night', I whispered.

'Sorry mam, what was that?', I looked up at him and saw him intently looking at me.  

There he was. I saw him with his blood shot eyes trying to get a close look at me. Instantly, I remembered the promise I made....when I crossed my heart. Ooff.

'N-no, nothing happened. I just remembered I am late to work.'

'B-but mam y-

'Sorry I have to go. You may ask me some other time.' Without a second thought, I walked past the police officers and started my car.

He was watching me with a smirk on his face.