Part. / 10

Previously on Love, Elliot: I grabbed the picture from him, and slammed my car door shut.

Pathetic. I have never been this hurt in my life, especially from my family.

Remember what I used to say? If you care too little, you'll lose them. And if you care too much, you'll get hurt.'

The very same day, I decided to go tell Elliot whatever I knew about him. I decided to tell him whatever he needs to know, without any complications. I turned to my street and noticed that his front door was open.

Suddenly, two cops came out with a notepad in their hands. I stepped out my car walking up to his porch slowly. God, I shouldn't have worn heels, it's impossible not to get his attention. We locked eyes, and in a second his smirk was back. That little jerk.

'Fancy seeing you here,' he spoke while eyeing me up and down.

'Yeah, I- I wanted to talk to you.'

'Okay, I'm listening.'

'U-um its kind of a funny story-

'I'm sorry to ruin the start of your lecture, but whenever people say that, it never ends up as a funny story.'

'Okay, then I'll just leave', I said turning my head.

'Woah woah, that's it? This is what you wanted to talk about?'

'Okay listen. I got a fax machine for my birthday and-

'Why are you telling me this-

'for God's sake can you please, just listen?!', I screamed at him with tears in my eyes.

His lips parted slightly indicating that he was just as surprised as I was with my sudden outburst.

'I got a fax machine for my birthday a month ago. My dad surprised me with it, and as soon as I plugged it in, I got your fax.'

'What? How is that even possible? How come you have my number?'

'I don't, that's the thing! I kept reading your faxes until yesterday and I couldn't relate to them more, Elliot.'

'Wait. So you've been reading my faxes to Tom? this whole time?'

'Okay I know this is bad, but I feel like we can help each other. We can friends until we sort this out-

'I see your creating a distance between us all on your own, Kathy!,' he screamed.

'What do you mean distance? We were never friends nor are we in a family relationship or any relationship for that matter.'

He plunged forward and grabbed my arm, squeezing as hard as he could.

'Why didn't you tell me earlier? Hmm? Why? Why is that after a month, you realize you've been doing something wrong by reading someone's personal faxes?'

'Ouch, Elliot.  You're hurting me, please let go-

His hand came in and clutched my jaw. This is not happening.

'Have you been telling Tom about this? Are you in contact with him?'

'God no! Just let go of my jaw, you jerk!', I snapped at him. 

My hands directly going to his chest, pushing him hard towards the light pole. I heard a sharp metal sound, and saw him touching the back of head, wincing.

'You know what? I should've never told you! I think I knew what would happen to me, as you dad used to do the same thing with your mom!'

Silence.

Without looking at his reaction, I started to step away from him.

'You know my mom.'

'Excuse me?'

'I know you know who my mom was.'

'Oh yeah, she was Beyonce, probably why I might've known her!'

'Can you please answer the question without the usual level of sarcasm?'

'Well..only if you ask the questions without the usual level of stupid', I snapped.

'Veronica. Does that ring a bell?'

My eyes felt like they would just pop out of my chest.

'H-how do you know my aunt?'

'She's.. well she was..my dad's wife.'

Huh? I started noticing the same brown eyes. The same smirk.

'She was my mom. She died a few months ago.'

She died?