Part. / 11

Previously on Love, Elliot:

'H-how do you know my aunt?'

'She's.. well she was..my dad's wife.'

Huh? I started noticing the same brown eyes. The same smirk.

'She was my mom. She died a few months ago.'

She died?

'Wait a minute. What do you mean she died?', I asked with a confused expression on my face.

'It means that she died. She no longer lives in this world,' he spoke with sarcasm.

Not knowing where this is going, I started to back up, avoiding his gaze. Suddenly, I felt a strong grip tighten around my wrist. 

'Now you listen to me-

'No!'

He put his hand on his chest to intensify my sudden outburst in front of him. Again.

'All you've done this whole time is nag me. For a second, don't you ever think that we could have a genuine conversation without having to rip each other's heads off?'

'Haha. I don't go with stupid optimistic stuff. You need to get to the point.'

'What point?'

'The freaking point of you knowing about my mom!', he yelled.

'Okay you know what? Once you start behaving like a decent human being to me, I'll let you know where she is', I spoke thinking maturely enough.

'Who the hell are you, my mother?'

I raised my eyebrows at him, giving him the look.

'Don't answer that.'

'Fine. Just prove to me that you can be a decent human being, that does not have a short temper at every little thing that goes wrong for him.

'How long is this going to continue?'

'You'll see', I trailed off, smirking to myself.

~*~

Closing the door shut, there stood dad. His back against me. 

'Why were you talking to him?', he spoke while turning around to face me.

'To whom? What're you talking about?'

'The freak kid who lives down the block! Why in the hell were you talking to him Kathy?', he stared at me with his bloodshot eyes now.

'Dad. I am not 15 anymore. I think I'm allowed to talk to whomever I want,' I spoke calmly while distancing myself from him.

'GO UPSTAIRS NOW!', he screamed. Loud. His fists becoming white.

Wiping back my tears, I took one look at him, and marched upstairs. 

The next day was chaos. Vivian and Claudia had to go back to school- meaning I had to wake up early to prepare breakfast. 

I avoided eye contact- or to be honest, any contact with dad. His abrupt shouting from last night just kept ringing in my ears. I could see him watching me here and there.

When I helped Claudia pack her bag.

When I placed a glass of water in front of him with minimal eye contact.

When I said goodbye to both of them when they left for school

He just kept staring.

'Kathy I-

'Dad, I'm sorry but I have to drive over to my office for the internship', I spoke while hastily putting my essentials in my bag.

'I'll see you tonight. Goodbye', I spoke. For the first time that day, I looked in his eyes and gave a half smile.

~*~