Chapter 16

It had began to grow dark when the Court Physician and the Princess's maid had managed to sneak past the guards and head towards the edge of the forest where they were told to meet Lena.

The pair had packed enough to last them a couple of days, even though Alex protested to the copious amount of things Jess was bringing.

They stood there at the edge of the forest, old cloaks covering their head in order to keep themselves hidden from prying eyes and might recognise either one of them if not both.

"I thought Lena said not to be late?" Alex asked, looking over towards Jess as she leaned against a tree and looked back towards the Castle.

Jess nodded, "She did but perhaps she's having trouble getting past the guards?" She suggested, hunkered over, adjusting one of the straps on the bag.

The Physician only hummed in response, not taking her eyes off the castle, just in case there was a guard making a patrol around the perimeter.

"Good you're on time." A voice came from behind the pair, "Now lets get a move on, we don't have all night." When Jess and Alex turned around they saw Lena, stood there with 2 horses, with her hand stretched out handing the Physician a pair of reins.

Springing into action Alex took the reins from the Princess and began placing the satchels over the white mare's rump and Jess did the same with her and Lena's black gelding.

"I noticed a trail while we were waiting, it's worth checking out." Alex mentioned as she mounted herself up on her horse.

Lena gave Jess a leg up, "It's all we have to go on so lead the way." The Princess responds before jumping on up to sit in front of her maid.

Alex gave Lena an exaggerated nod before kicking it he horse into high gear and in the direction of the trail.

"Don't let me fall M'Lady." Jess said, through gritted teeth as she clung into the back of her Mistress.

Lena let out a chuckle, "Would I ever Jess?" She asked rhetorically before mirroring Alex and galloping off behind the Physician.

Back at the camp, Kara had just been given the grand tour of the small, slightly cramped area they all shared and for once was made welcome for being Kryptonian.

Kara learnt that this group of women were known as Revolution de Camelot and they were formed back when Camelot declared Kryptonians outlaws and Krypton as an official enemy of Camelot.

These women were citizens of Camelot that had strong ties to Krypton, whether it was through relatives, friendships or courtships. No matter what their connection they all had one thing in common, they hated Camelot and were allies of Krypton, who now didn't have a home because of their alliance with the enemy.

It was Maggie that had a strong connection to Kal-El, Maggie had helped Kal when things went to shit in Camelot. She gave him a place to stay until it was safe for him to escape. Maggie became very fond of the man and alas resulted in her forming this clan, with likeminded women that wanted to see Camelot burn for what they did to their friends and loved ones.

"And this is us back at the fire." Maggie announced, smiling at the Blonde.

Kara gave her a smile back, "This truly is a great place you have here," She commented, "Though it's a shame that you always h e to be moving." She added, sitting down at one to the large logs around the fire.

Maggie sat beside her, "Yeah but it keeps things interesting yano," She mentioned, "Besides everywhere feels like home with these guys, they are my family." A sad smile snaked it's way into Maggie's lips as she looked deep into the fire.