Chapter Thirteen-Katie

Hello, Lovelies,

I am so glad to see this book get views and votes.  Thank you so much to everyone who has given Beckoned a chance.  I truly hope you are enjoying the story.  It means so much that it is being enjoyed.  

Also, I will go ahead and start the countdown to the end.  There are four chapters and an epilogue left.  Don't worry there is a second book called Summoned.  Marcos' betrothed will arrive.  So, that story will focus on them.  

This chapter does come with a warning so....

WARNING: This chapter contains intercourse between two consenting individuals.  If this disturbs you, please do not read the last section of this chapter.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.  If you do, please consider voting.  Comments are deeply appreciated.  They keep me going.  If you have questions, please comment or send me a message.  

-XXXX Amanda

*********

The hotel where we decided to stay was located in Haverts, an adjoining town to Timbly Mountain. It was a pretty place, nestled near a snow-capped peak. Even though it was a bit larger than Timbly Mountain, the hotel was the only one in the area.

I stared at the building as Andre picked up our bags. It was a two-story brick structure that boasted cable television and Jacuzzi tubs. Staircases made of concrete and metal reached up to the second floor. I glanced at the keycard, matching the number to one on a door on the bottom floor. Once we walked to the room and opened the door, I glanced around. There was a bed, television, two scratched and scarred night tables and an equally abused dresser. I saw a bathroom through the door across the room. The Jacuzzi tub and shower were visible, as was one curved side of a toilet. My gaze returned to the room, forcing a smile from me. Someone had painted the walls and hung pictures in an attempt to cheer up the place. Sadly, they had failed, but at least the room was clean.

I stood in the doorway, shifting from one foot to the other when Andre stepped up behind me.

"This is okay, right?" he asked, causing me to jump.

I glanced back at him with wide eyes. He frowned and bit his lip as he gazed around the room. My heart clenched when I realized what I thought of the room mattered to him.

"Yes, it's fine," I whispered, stepping in and placing my purse on the bed.

"Good," he said, relieved. He put the bags on a chair, then turned to close and lock the door.

"Andre," I said, twisting my hands in front of me. "I'm sorry...about this morning."

A grin slid over his face. "Don't worry about it." He shrugged. "Honestly, I enjoyed it...until I realized why you were kissing me."

"Oh," I said, the color rising on my face as I turned away from him. I looked at the bags, wondering if I should unpack. I didn't even know how long we would be staying.

Sighing, I picked one up and took it to the closet. Andre's eyes followed me as he inhaled, then tensed. I wondered if the pheromones pouring from me made him uncomfortable. I winced when I remembered what he had said about his brothers. Would the pheromones cause them to lose their sanity enough to force themselves on me? The thought made my stomach turn, but the next thing that hit me caused my blood to freeze in my veins. I turned to Andre, the color draining from my face.

"Aurora," he said, alarmed, stepping closer. "Is something wrong?"

I frowned as I struggled to speak. "My father raped my mother... Could he have done that because her pheromones were high?" I swallowed the bile that had risen in my throat at just voicing the question.