Prologue

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner.

Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Thank you for taking your time to read Crimson Rose! :)

Feel free to comment your thoughts, a vote will be highly appreciated, and lastly, enjoy reading! ♡

~~~~~

"5!" Seulgi shook her head vigorously with her lips trembling.

"4!" A tear slowly cascaded down her cheek.

"3!" She clutched the gun harder in her hand, closing her eyes tightly.

She felt a hand over her smaller ones. Her eyes fluttered open, feeling a fresh new wave of tears threatening to fall.

Smiling solemnly, Taeyong guided her closer to him. "Just shoot me, Seulgi" He begged with glassy eyes.

"No!" She shook her head violently. She intended to put the gun down, only for Taeyong to aim the trigger on his head.

"T-Taeyong, n-no" She choked on her own sob, tears continuously flowing down her cheeks. "Please, Yong, no"

"2!" He laughed maniacally, the scene before him obviously was satisfying for him to watch.

"Just shoot me already. Shoot me or leave me, either way I'll still end up lifeless without you" He choked on his own sob.

Taeyong pulled her closer to him, crashing his lips with hers. It didn't feel like their usual kiss. Rather, it was full of sorrow, but the love was still there. Moreover, it felt like a kiss of finality.

"I love you" He pressed his forehead against hers, taking a final look at her. Before he dies, he wanted to stare and admire her one last time, he wanted to engrave her not only in his heart, but also in his mind. He wanted to remember Seulgi, the love of his life, and bring the memory of her in the after life. "I love you so much, Seulgi. Please be happy without me"

"I love you too, Taeyong. But I'm afraid I wouldn't be as happy without you" She pressed her lips against his once more, feeling him smile against the kiss.

The sight of them kissing angered him more, he grew more determined to kill him with the use of Seulgi. "1!"

"Shoot him!" He growled.

She stood up straight and aimed the gun once more on his head, but she still was hesitant to shoot.

A shot was heard being fired mid air. The piercing sound made her flinch.

The next thing Seulgi knew, another shot was being fired.

And the bullet was fired from her own gun.

✎ golden_wonder