11 - She's back

Seulgi wore a frown ever since she entered the school's main building. Her heart sank, seeing all of the untouched lockers belonging to the slayed students. The owners of the chairs in her class never showed up, making her surroundings feel more gloomy than ever.

"Hey," A soft voice interrupted her thoughts. "I'm Park Sooyoung. Do you mind if I take this seat beside you?"

She momentarily glanced at the empty seat on her left that once belonged to her deceased seatmate. "Yeah sure!" She smiled at the taller one, patting the seat next to hers.

She was still saddened by the loss of many, but she chose to plaster a smile on her face.

Seulgi was someone who never liked showing her weak side. She preferred being a pillar for others instead of leaning on someone else.

"Do you want to sit with us during lunch together?" She offered, wanting to get to know her new seatmate more. "And by us, I mean Youngho, Seungwan, Taeil, and I"

"Can I bring a plus one?" She nodded in response.

"Great!" She beamed. The cheerfulness of the taller female somehow managed to uplift her spirits.

Before they could converse more, their homeroom teacher entered their class. They did their greetings and sat back down on their seats.

"As you all know, all of you are required to stay in your own dorms to ensure all of your safety in case another surprise attack happens.

You shouldn't worry about any intruders entering your dorms as it needs your hand print to enter. If you ever dare to touch the doorknob of someone else's dorm, then get ready to be electrocuted.

The human's dorm are on the right wing of the building, while the vampires are on the left.

You're only allowed to go home during weekends, but must notify the headmistress first to ensure your safety." The homeroom teacher finished with a smile.

"The council also made a decision to combine the classes of humans with vampires. It will start tomorrow" A few students groaned at the announcement.

"I wish Joohyun would be in this class" Youngho whispered from behind her, an excited grin etched on his face.

Seulgi chuckled, shaking her head softly as she listened to the homeroom teacher once more.

"About your afternoon training, it will be scheduled only every friday, but it would be on a whole day. Any questions?"

The teacher called the attention of the student who raised his hand. "Yes, Chanwoo?"

"Do we still have clubs for the school year?"

"Of course, but the time and effort you spend on your respective clubs would be lessened"

Seulgi's smile faltered, knowing she wouldn't be able to spend more time in the dance studio like before.

"Any further questions?" She asked. "None? Then we can start with our lesson"

"We'll be talking about how the treaty between vampires and humans first started. The knowledge you know about the history between humans and vampires are still limited" Ms. Byun's voice echoed the walls of the class.

"Vampires and Humans always fought against who they thought was more superior. The vendetta lasted for years. Many were slayed to determine who was stronger.

The stereotype of humans in a vampire's perspective was suddenly changed when the youngest vampire of their time fell in love with a human.

Lee Yunho. The name's pretty familiar isn't it?" Ms. Byun chuckled, earning series of nods from the students.