20 - Triggered Memories

The sudden intensity of the beaming sunlight seeped through the curtains, making her brows furrow in her sleep. Seulgi cowered into the pillow, blocking the rays of sunlight that spoiled her sleep. 

"Uncle was definitely not pleased with what happened yesterday, especially auntie"

Seulgi groaned against the soft pillows, squeezing her eyes shut in attempt to fall back to sleep. She ignored the voices, believing she was still trapped in a silly dream. 

"Nothing new. It actually feels great seeing them pissed off"

The sound of a second voice pierced through her dreamlike state, instantly jolting her awake. It was no dream at all. Seulgi heard it loud and clear. 

"You should be wary of what consequences you'll face after what happened" 

Seulgi rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands as she sat up straight. Only then she realized she wasn't in her dorm but in Joohyun's room, in the vampires' dorm. 

She was changed into more comfy pajama clothes, the fancy red dress was nowhere in sight. The digital clock read 8:42, a Sunday morning. 

"As long as they don't harm her, then I don't care"

Since when did she have such sharp and great hearing? 

Eyes trained on the door, Seulgi slowly got out of bed and waddled to the door. Cautiously, she twisted the knob and peeked out the small crack. She expected three figures talking by the corridor, but saw none. 

Then were did the voices come from? 

Seulgi's face contorted into a look of confusion. She swore she thought someone was talking in front of the door, otherwise she wouldn't have heard it that clearly. 

"They can't. It's against the rule. And most importantly, she possesses the Lee's Crest"

There it was again. She went out the bedroom and walked down the empty hallway. The sound of their voices did not increase as she neared the living room, neither did it decrease. 

She stepped foot on the carpeted floor, scanning the living space to find any sign of the first class vampires. Once again, she saw absolutely none. 

"But there's a possibility that they may go against it, despite the rule and the crest"  

Seulgi's ears perked up and came to a realization on where the voices came from. Just as she thought, the three vampires were all situated in the kitchen, talking amongst themselves.

It made Seulgi wonder how she could've possibly heard their conversation all the way to Joohyun's bedroom if they were in the kitchen. It didn't make any sense to her. 

Before she could ponder on it even more, she made eye contact with Joohyun who sensed the human's presence. She was startled at first, but managed to smile at the vampire. 

"You're finally awake!" Joohyun hopped down the barstool and walked over to her. 

She linked arms with Seulgi and brought her to the kitchen island, sitting her down on the stool next to her. 

"Good morning" Seulgi softly greeted them, smiling at Yoonoh who sat across her. 

"You should eat breakfast first, Taeyong's cooking" Joohyun gave her a knowing smile, flicking her thumb behind her. 

Seulgi averted her gaze to see Taeyong frying some eggs. His back was facing her and he didn't bother sparing her a glance. She quirked a brow at the sight.