16 - Secret

"I don't think it's a good idea" Joohyun shook her head in disapproval at Yuta's suggestion.

"We can't sneak her out at this late of time. It's past our curfew and if any sort of presence gets detected outdoors then the alarm might go off" Yoonoh countered.

"Just let her stay overnight, then by dawn we can send her off back to her dorm" Taeyong chimed in the conversation as he went out of his bedroom, fresh from the shower.

Just in, Seulgi slowly came into view as she set foot into the living room before closing the sliding doors shut of the balcony behind her.

Joohyun was the first to speak up, "What did she say?"

Seulgi rubbed her forearm due to the breezing wind from the balcony as she handed Joohyun's phone back to her. "Seungwan said she'll cover up for me in case anyone asks where I am"

Seulgi suddenly felt small under the gaze of the top class vampires, especially that she was alone with the five of them, in the vampires dorms she may add.

"Does she know you're here with us?" Yerim asked out of curiosity.

She nodded her head in agreement. "She already knows my acquaintanceship with you" Although Yoonoh had addressed her as their friend earlier, she was still too embarrassed to consider herself as one.

"Really? When did you tell her?"

Seulgi glanced at Taeyong's direction, only then she noticed his damp hair, reminding herself of their midnight escapade last time.

"Seungwan kind of caught us together at the library one time" She honestly answered, tearing her gaze away from the first class with slightly tinted cheeks.

Yuta clicked his tongue, finding her answer interesting. "What were you both doing in the library?" He quirked a brow, a sly smirk plastered on his face.

"None of your business, Nakamoto" Taeyong deadpanned.

Yuta and Yoonoh exchanged knowing looks, muffling their laughter before Joohyun changed the topic.

"Should we head to bed already?" She questioned, standing up from the couch.

Yerim yawned in reply. "I should go back to my dorm now" She muttered softly.

"I'll walk you back to your dorm" Yoonoh offered, escorting the young woman to the front door.

"That's my cue," Yuta said, smiling. "I'll see you guys tomorrow" He soon followed the pair, waving goodbye.

"Goodnight!" Joohyun exclaimed.

"Goodnight" Yerim smiled tiredly, bidding her goodbye.

Seulgi smiled warmly, also waving her hand goodbye to the second class vampires.

After hearing the door click shut, Seulgi turned to Joohyun. "Uh, what about me?" She asked hesitantly.

"You'll stay in my room, I'll lend you my clothes" Joohyun said, placing a hand behind her back.

"I-Is that okay? I m-mean, am I even allowed to stay in here? Won't I be causing you any trouble?" Seulgi blinked rapidly, reluctant.

Joohyun nodded, smiling to reassure her. "There's no problem with me. If we send you back now to your dorm, we might put you, including us at risk. What matters most now is your safety"

Seulgi pressed her lips into a thin line, nodding her head in understanding.

"You should head to bed now, Taeyong-ah" Joohyun pats the top of his head gently, earning a nod.