26 - Visions of Death

The door to the grand library flew open, revealing a tensed looking Jisoo and Jennie, arriving earlier than expected. The latter had her fists clenched into a ball as she advanced towards Seulgi with a harsh glower.

Jennie grabbed a fistful of Seulgi's hair and pulled it ruthlessly, causing their eyes to widen at the unforeseen action. The human whimpered, too shocked to even fight back and just tried to remove Jennie's grip on her hair.

"Jennie stop!" Jisoo held her friend by the shoulders in attempt to tear them apart.

"S-Stop!" Seulgi begged, wincing at her burning scalp that had been constantly pulled since earlier today.

"Jennie, get your hands off her!" Taeyong forced himself in between the two girls, successfully pushing Jennie away from Seulgi.

Jennie was breathing heavily, rage was evident on her face. "Stop defending her!"

"You were the one who started!" Taeyong argued, shielding Seulgi behind his back.

Jennie scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "You're seriously taking her side? We've known each other since we were in diapers, do you honestly think I will act like this for no reason at all?!"

"Enough!" Joohyun intervened, displeased at how they were both raising their voices at one another. "Stop acting like children! You may have a reason why you're mad at Seulgi but that doesn't justify what you did to her."

"I have to agree with Joohyun here, Jennie." Jaejoong heaved a sigh, shaking his head lightly. "Both of you take a seat so we can properly talk things out maturely."

Jennie was at the verge of frustrated tears. "You approve of her, Uncle?" Her question was directed to Jaejoong.

"Why are you okay with Taeyong dating a human?" The second rank frowned, stumbling over her next words. "I don't understand. Why was I sent to New Zealand the second you knew about me and Taeyong? And yet you're being lenient with Seulgi and Taeyong."

Oh so Jennie and Taeyong were a thing before? Seulgi nibbled on her bottom lip, head hung low.

"Jennie, calm down. That's not what we're here for." Jisoo reminded her, running her hand along the second rank's back.

Jaejoong cleared his throat, ignoring Jennie's question. "Do you want us to step outside? Joohyun said you wanted to talk to Seulgi."

"Su-"

"No need." Jennie cut Jisoo off. "It's better if you tell everyone what you saw."

"Don't interrupt me." Jisoo eyed her friend pointedly before walking towards Seulgi.

"Hey, don't worry I won't hurt you." Jisoo assured the human softly.

Seulgi smiled apprehensively, meeting eyes with Jisoo. "What is it that you wanted to tell me?"

Jisoo swallowed the lump in her throat, carefully wording her next statement. "I had a subjective precognition about you last night." She trailed off. "It involves Taeyong and the future of our world."

"I think it'd be best if I show you instead." Jisoo held out her hand for her to take.

"How?" Seulgi asked nervously.

"Mind drift." Jisoo simply answered.

Seulgi was clueless of what a mind drift was. Jisoo didn't bother to fill her in further, but the look of uneasiness on Tiffany and Joohyun's face made her heart pound inside her chest. On the other hand, Jaejoong and Taeyong looked rather calm on the outside. She knew not to trust it considering how they were good at concealing their emotions.