𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

A/N: Hey y'all ( ^ω^ ) Just wanted to clarify that I took away elements from all of Jason's backstories. This varies from Earth-52 and so on. I also watched gameplays on Arkham Knight and read a few Red Hood comics to make up my own storyline. I hope you enjoy ;) Now let's get back in.

———————————————————————————

𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞: 𝟐:𝟒𝟓𝐚𝐦

𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐖𝐚𝐲𝐧𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫

A sniffle prompted a whirlwind of emotions to stir within you, but you were quick to pull yourself together.

You desperately wiped at your cheeks. Exasperation overruled your urge to let tears stream down your face. What good would that bring? As much as you wanted to cry about Jason, you knew that would get you nowhere. But with the video feed of his beating, you couldn't help but sob and feel exasperated.
However, while all uneasiness stifled you, the answer soon became transparent enough to shake it off. Your jaws clenched as you retraced the events that led up to this very moment.

You wouldn't let Joker have his way. You wouldn't grant him the slightest satisfaction.

The fluorescent lights in the Batcave cascaded over you and your father, your gloomy shadows being the only other figures present as you both stayed on the ground. Taking a deep breath, you attempted to regain your vision, but you found it a little harder to do so after what you've just witnessed. You were zoned out to the low hum of electricity, which emitted from the tech equipment the room occupied. Even so, the sound didn't faze you much like Jason's agonizing screams. The memory would always accompany the darkest part of your mind.

You forced your legs to move, finally finding the strength to stand. Bruce held out a firm hand to prop you up. At last, you gestured a nod to your father and he slowly released your hand, detecting the spark blazing in your eyes. He familiarized it with your mother's and the corner of his lips curled in a small flash of content. There was nothing holding you back now. You knew that you wanted to save Jason no matter what the cost.

To begin, Bruce had cleared the center table in the cave, pulling out blueprints of the warehouse where Jason could potentially be held captive at. It didn't take long for your father to return to his usual demeanor in the midst of pacing between different leads. Not much surprise coming from a superhero, whereas you were another story, really.

You were simply a Protégé.

A sensitive, teenage, sidekick.

Sparing him a glance, you turned, heading for the computers. Upon deciding to pour every effort in for Jason's sake, you realized how pointless it all would've been from the start if not for your Father's extra support. You were on a time crunch, and you needed to be quick.

Even so, after a smudge of time, you were brought to a halt.

Tirelessly analyzing video footage and files brought you and your father to furrow your brows at the materials, which cluttered the center workspace.

You've only worked for a minimum of two hours before discovering the search would be harder than anticipated.

Just like your father, the main cause of your mental drainage came from researching Joker's criminal history, the ultimate crockpot of evil deeds. Seriously, was there anything Joker didn't do? Was it possible for your hatred for him to last a lifetime? Why was it so hard to stop him?

Leaving your father to his materials, you backed away from the table, opting on doing something a little more useful. Desperate to devote your stamina into tech matters, you tried hacking into Joker's security detail. However, after numerous failed attempts at tampering with firewalls and crashing the black market, you sighed in defeat. Grabbing your communicator, you dialed the one person who would likely have better luck at this than you.