Chapter 12.

The light coming from the bay window wakes me up. I groan and bury my head into the pillow. A door opens and I snap my head up to see Tay in a suit. He looks better than yesterday.

“Hey, sleepyhead,” he says leaning against the door frame.

“What time is it?”I ask.

“Lunchtime,” he says with a smirk on his face.

“What?” Did I sleep that long?

“Take a quick shower, we are going somewhere,” well that got my full attention.

“Where?” I ask.

“Patience Olivia,” he says and walks out.

I drag myself off the bed and make my way to the bathroom. I take a quick shower and put on blue ripped jeans, a white t-shirt, a black jacket, and sneakers. One thing I love about staying here is that I can wear whatever the hell I want. I walk out of the bathroom, grab my phone, and walk out of the room.

I find Tay in the living room busy on his phone, I clear my throat and his head snaps to look at me.

“Ready?”Tay asks and I nod.

We get into his red Range Rover and I buckle up as he drives out of the garage. The drive to whatever place we are going to is covered in silence. It is a comforting silence, far from awkward. After a while, the car comes to a halt. I look outside and see a shop, like a restaurant of some sort. Tay climbs out of the car, and I do the same. We walk towards the door side by side.

The restaurant is simple yet elegant. Tay leads me to a table at the corner.

“I kind of realized that you love junk food, this place sells the best!” he says and half-smiles. Well, he never ceases to amaze me. A waitress takes our order, we both go with pizza and orange juice.

“How are you feeling today?”I ask as I put the menu down.

“Better, thanks to you,” he says.

“I didn’t do anything though,” I tell him.

“You did more than you will ever know,” he says and leans back against the chair. The waitress brings our order before I can ask him what he meant by that.

I grabbed a slice, Tay ordered vegetable and whatever flavor, and I went with red-hot chicken.

I take a bite and moan at how good it is. I open my eyes to find Tay staring at me.

“What?”I ask and take a sip of my orange juice.

“You have something on your —” I start to touch my lips. Tay takes his napkin and leans close to my face. My eyes move along with his hand, and he wipes whatever was at the corner of my lips off.

“There,” Tay says and goes back to his seat.

“Oh my God! Olivia is that you?”A voice says and I turn to look.

“Rachel?”Rachel is my publisher. She makes her way towards us. I stand up to hug her.

She takes a seat with the most beautiful smile I have ever seen on her face.

“You must be Olivia’s fiancé?”Rachel asks while extending her hand to Tay.

Tay nods.

“I’m Rachel, Olivia’s publisher .”I choke on my drink. Oh no! Rachel and her big mouth.

“Her publisher?”Tay asks and looks at me.

“Oh no!” Rachel realizes that Tay didn’t know about me being the best-selling author, and I clear my throat.

“Um, Rachel is the one who published my book when I was still in school,” I tell him.

“You have a published book?” he asks with his eyes wide open.

“Yep, and she is the best-selling author ever since her book was published. I’m sure you have heard of a book called Behind closed doors?”Rachel asks Tay, and his mouth half opens.

“Behind closed doors is your book?” he asks and I nod.

“ It was my sister’s favorite book, she was obsessed with it,” he says with a bit of a smile.

“I know, many people want to know the author behind those words. They want more.”Rachel proudly says Tay is still staring at me like he still doesn’t believe what Rachel told him.

“Anyway, I will call you sometime regarding the second book,” Rachel says and I nod. I hug her, and she makes her way to a different table.

“Stop looking at me like that,” I say and ⁸. Everything you wrote in that book is what happened to you right?”I choke on my drink and start to cough. I look at him with my eyes wide open.

“That’s why you didn’t use your real name. You didn’t want people to know your real name, to avoid questions that will bring buried memories back, right?” How did he figure that out? He leans close and wipes my tears. I didn’t even realize that tears have already fallen down my cheeks, the secret I have managed to keep for the last four years of my life has found its way back to my future.

Tay pays for our meal, and we walk to his car. The drive back is full of silence, Tay hasn’t said anything since we left the restaurant.

That guy took away my safety, my smile, my intimacy, and my confidence. 

We arrive at the house, and I rush to my room not waiting for Tay. I turn on the shower. I feel dirty and I want to wash everything I feel inside.

I stand under the shower with my clothes still on, the hot steamy water hitting my whole body makes me feel a bit better.  All of a sudden I’m being pulled out of the shower into a hard chest.

“Shh, it’s okay.” I break down completely.