Chapter 25.

Tay climbs out of the pool and pulls me out too. He hands me a towel, and I dry myself.

“You know there’s a reason we have rooms right?” Nana asks.

“God! I thought someone was dying, but I guess I was wrong,” She keeps rumbling.

“I heard a scream, you do know that people swim in that pool right. You just had to do it in the pool.” I hide my face with my hair to hide my embarrassment.

“We didn’t do it, Nana,  you can relax,” Tay chuckles.

“That’s a relief, ” Nana says and places her hand on her chest.

“I’m going to clean up,” I tell the two and make my way to my room.

I take a long relaxing shower, wash my hair, and wrap my wet body with a towel. I dress up in a sweater and leggings. I leave my hair to air dry and settle myself on the bed. I don’t feel hungry so I decide to skip dinner. Minutes pass, and there is a knock on the door. I shout ‘come in,’ and Tay comes into view carrying a laptop and a small bowl on top of it.

“Hey?” Tay says.

“Hi,” I say, and there is silence after that.

“Come in,” 

“I made noodles, ” Tay tells me. He gestures for me to eat and I do as I’m told. He opens his laptop and starts working.

“You are not going to eat?” I ask.

“No, I made them just for you, so eat up,” Tay says.

“What are you working on?” I ask and continue eating.

“The upcoming project, I’m going to partner up with the Japanese,” Tay says while typing on the laptop. I finish the noodles.

“I will take it.” He takes the bowl and walks out of the room. I get back into the sheets. Minutes later, Tay comes back and settles himself on the bed. He gestures for me to place my head on his chest, and he wraps his arm around me. I could get used to this. He plants small kisses on my head while inhaling my scent. His hand goes to switch the lights off, but I stop him.

“Don’t, ” 

“It’s okay, I’m here,” Tay says softly. Is he going to make me face my fears like this?

“Tay—” I run out of words.

“You can’t live like this Olivia, you have to face your demons at one point— it’s better to start now than later. Darkness doesn’t always represent darkness, and light doesn’t always represent light. The light you always sleep in may be your darkness and the darkness you are so afraid to sleep in may be your light. Some people wear white to represent their sorrows and their darkest moments and some wear black. What I’m trying to say here, is that darkness is not what it always seems. There’s no need for you to be afraid of it. Now go to sleep, nothing is going to happen okay?” What did I do to deserve such a man? I nod and close my eyes to sleep. Tay plants one more kiss on my forehead— soon my eyes fall into a deep sleep and my mind takes to a dark place.

Have you ever experienced a moment where you have lost all hope? Where you don’t have a reason to live? Where you question your purpose in life? Am in my pool of blood, and numbness. Unable to do anything, but watch as it all happens. Watch my life turn into turmoil. I watch as the man has his way with my body, I didn’t even have more tears left, so I stare up at the dark clouds. The pain I felt reminded me of my reality that I lost the most precious gift a girl could cherish. My virginity. His disgusting lips were now on my neck.