Shattered

Monday
March

Auto and Puck pulled into the school's parking lot in their truck. Kieran and I had been on our way into the school when they got out of the car. Both of them wore black clothes and thick shoes. They looked so normal considering what I'd seen at the frat party they took me to. I fidgeted with my zipper as I looked at them over Kieran's shoulder. I wanted to say hi, but I also wanted to hide. Maybe they were mad at me, maybe they understood.

"Max, you're blocking the way..." Kieran muttered and put his hands on my shoulders. I didn't want him to leave me behind or shove me out of the way so I quickly sped up and started walking towards the entrance. "You know... they should've told you that it was a frat party before they dragged you there..." Kieran grumbled and hooked his arm in mine. He threw a quick glance over his shoulder, frowned at Puck and Auto and then ruffled my hair. "C'mon kid... just ignore them..."

Kid? Excuse me? I threw Kieran a displeased glare which he returned with a tantalising smirk. Yeah sure, I wasn't the biggest or strongest or the oldest. But we were still the same age, sort of. He was nearly a year older than me. But we were still born during the same year, he in the beginning and me in the end, so from a school perspective, we were the same age. He just happened to be a little bit ahead of me development-wise. I gave the ground a frustrated glare as I realised that I had lost to both him and Puck and Auto. It was unfair, the older people always win.

I sat down at my desk in class and glanced at Puck and Auto's seats. They weren't there yet. I thought about my first day. How I had nearly punched a guy just cause I needed to get it out of my system. Normally, it didn't bother me when people asked about my gender, but he had really pissed me off. I glanced over at his seat and saw him. We hadn't talked, at all actually, since I nearly punched him. He still kind of pissed me off but that was my fault for being an asshole. Kieran was, just like always, chatting with the people around him. And I, just like always, was sitting at my desk, quiet. I sighed and started twisting my hair around my finger.

"Hey! Femboy!" Someone called. I snapped my head in the direction of the door and met Auto's pouting face.

A low growl escaped Kieran's lips as he glared Auto down. I wasn't sure if he did it because of the party or because she called me 'femboy'.

"You worried me!" She whined and pulled me up into an uncomfortably tight hug. She was impressively strong for her tiny build. "You could've texted!"

"Leave em alone..." Kieran complaining and tugged the hem of my hoodie.

"I'm just hugging em!" Auto said and gave him a displeased pout.

It was nice that she was using the right pronouns. She might've just called me a 'femboy' but she probably did it as a joke. I think.

"Sorry..." I said and gave Auto a pat on the head. She had recoloured her hair during the weekend cause the dirty blond roots were no longer visible. I smiled and place my head on hers, wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her a bit closer. Perfect hugging position.

"You smell good..." she mumbled as I leaned out of the hug. Her face was bright red and her eyes darted from mine down to the floor.

"Move aside peasants..." Puck chuckled and shoved his sister aside as he walked over to his desk. That seemed to really tick Auto off because suddenly she was no longer in front of me, but behind me slamming her notebook against her brother's head.