twenty ☆ three words

▹

A week later, Marie stood in the family room of her home, her older cousins rallying around her as she practiced her dancing.

"Stop moving your feet in two different directions." Her cousin Issac stated.

As she started to practice, her cousin Saul stepped in, guiding her in the dance.

When she stepped on his toes, he spoke, "With what Issac said, I have to add that you need to stop stepping on our toes."

She rolled her eyes and said, "You're blind, Saul; you're going by feeling, and at least I'm trying, but you and Issac aren't making it easy."

"Muchachos!  Déjala. Lo está intentando, pero ustedes dos constantemente diciéndole lo que está haciendo mal no la están ayudando." Rosalinda stated as she walked into the family room.

"Sorry, tia." The two boys apologized, sitting down on the couch.

Grace then walks over to Marie and whispers in her ear, "Don't worry, you'll be fine. I called in a favor from a certain someone. I just got off the phone with him, he's on his way."

Marie nodded. A while later, there came a knock on the door. Rosalinda went to answer it, greeting the person on the other side. After she greeted them, she let them inside.

Marie looked up then, noticing that Cameron stood before her.

"Hi, sweetheart." He greeted, hugging her.

She returned the embrace, happy to see him again.

"Grace informed me of the wedding and the practicing that you would undergo so she asked me to come."

Marie nodded at this and smiled.

"Shall we?" He asked, and extended his hand for her.

Once she took his hand, he led her to the center of the family room. As they stood together, her right hand on his shoulder and one hand on her waist, Rosalinda played So Close by Jon McLaughlin from the Enchanted soundtrack. While the song played, Cameron and Marie danced together with ease and happiness radiating off of the young couple.

As soon as they were close to finishing their dance, Cameron dipped Marie, then lifted her upward. Once she was close to him in proximity once again, he whispered in her ear, "I love you, Marie."

At his words, she felt a tug at her heartstrings and she grinned. As she looked into his eyes, she spoke softly. "I love you, too, Cameron."