02 Where Bad Choices Take You

*About A Month Later* 

CHAPTER INCLUDES MENTION OF BAD SITUATION

ROSE POV:

Today is my seventeenth birthday, and to say I'm happy about it is a complete lie.

Birthday's for me have always been a let down, my mom and brother are never home, and it just brings back harsh memories from when mistakes followed me like eighth grade boys axe cologne.

Bella's the only one I've really shared my birthday with, but she has to leave for a business trip with her family to New York.
So that leaves me all alone, which I wouldn't mind but it leaves some worried emotions.

When I was about 6 my father got involved with a bad group of men, they made me go with him leaving my brother and mom behind.

They ended up killing my father right in front of me,  all I remember is the pain I felt when he was taken away, and it was a week before I escaped and went back home.

My mom and brother still blame me for his death, mainly because they don't want to admit that his choices were wrong and put us all in danger. No one really wanted to believe the truth.

I called the police and the group got arrested and I haven't heard from them since, but I still think about it from time to time.

I hopped out of bed and changed into workout clothes, deciding to go for a jog like I usually do, shaking off the thoughts.

—-

I've been running and doing a workout for about two hours now, I check my phone and look down at the happy birthday voicemails missed from Bella , and a few Snapchat notifications from some friends. I look at the time and decide it's time to head home.

I pick up my gym bag from the track before I heard a loud bang.

Panic immediately rushes through me as I hear police sirens in the distance, followed by more gunshots. All of a sudden a gun is thrown onto the track from the playground above and I heard steps coming near me, the cops pulling into the parking lot about a football field length away, I hear the cops begin to exit the cars and a guy pop out from where the gunshots came from, assuming it's him that fired them, I ran.

I get a good look of his face before running away, he had dark blonde hair and green eyes, he also had a tattoo on his neck of a snake.

The cops begin to follow behind me, and some behind the guy.

Wow, you really didn't think this one through.

I roll my eyes at my conscious, and sprint even faster hoping they won't get me.

I enter a neighborhood, and jump behind someone's backyard fence, the house next too it doing the same thing, this goes on for about five more houses, run, jump, run, jump.

I finally stop in someone's backyard when I hear the cops run into another direction.

I bend over and catch my breath, wiping sweat off my forehead and clutching my phone tightly while adjusting my gym bag.

"Rose?" My eyes go wide and I turn my neck so fast I could've broke it.

It's dark out by now, so I squint my eyes to see who it is.

Anthony.

I look up at the sky, "Really?" Before I sigh and give a shy wave and a fake smile.

"Hey."

A girls head pops out from next too him and I save myself from rolling my eyes.

"Are you okay? What's going on? Do you know her!"
The girl shrieks and crosses her arms.

"I'm fine thanks, but um, where am I?"
"Besides your backyard." I add.

Anthony tries to hold in laughter at my sarcasm, "It's not funny." And his smile starts to fade.

I realize now she's getting off his lap and stands up.

"Your near Grey Beach." She says while rolling her eyes.

Grey Beach is the local beach here , where everyone goes during the summer because it's hot as hell here.

I think about the track I was on and how close the beach is and it dawns on me that I'm in the wealthier neighborhoods.

I give a fake smile, and a little thanks.

"Where did she go dammit!" I hear a cop and keys jingle not that far away.

My eyes go wide and I wave goodbye and begin to hop over a fence but something grabs my hips, and tries too pull me back down.

I turn and see that it's Anthony.

"Let me go!"

"No, your obviously in trouble, get down." I roll my eyes and we argue for another few seconds.

"Let go of me asshole!"

He tightens his grip when I hear the cops getting closer.

I look into his eyes, and they look good, "Please?" He tries too sweet talk me to get me down, but I laugh and slowly bring my leg up to his shoulder, delivering a hard kick.

"Don't involve yourself with me, I don't need your help, and when I say let go, let go."

He grabs his shoulder in pain and lets go of me, and I hop over the fence and make a run for Grey beach.

I look behind  and see the cop cars going in the opposite direction as me, going back to the track.

I start to walk, putting my hands above my head and wonder how I'm going back home.

I FaceTime Bella.

"I'm a bad bitch fuck the- oh shit hey Rose!"

Normally I would laugh, but she caught on to my reaction.

"Where the fuck are you?"

I tell her the story and her eyes are wide the whole time.

"Do you think it had to do with-"

"No. I know them they play a lot dirtier. This guy whoever he was, was too clean, he had other problems. Nothing to do with me." I let out a shaky breath.

"At least we hope, right?" I nod.

"When are you coming home?" I ask.

"My dad finished early so we're already on the way back, I'll be home by tomorrow morning."

I smile, happy she'll be home.

"Alright, sounds good."

"Hey where are you right now though?"

"Near Grey beach, why?" I raise a brow.

"Bitch what do you mean why? Go to my place you have the extra key anyways, and your closer."

I chuckle a bit, say thank you and we bid our goodbyes.

I sigh and stop when I see I'm near the board walk.

"Guess I got along walk ahead of me."

And I begin walking too Bella's house.

——-

Hope you enjoyed chapter 2 xx