Treasure under the Mountain

The Northern waterfall was exactly as I remembered it. A huge grass area with trees surrounding us, standing tall with its branches slanting inwards. On the right stood the waterfall, as breath-taking as ever with the sun shining onto it causing it sparkle. The river covered about one third of the land, the rest of it covered in lushes green grass with a few small groups of bright flowers scattered across it and large rocks at edge of the water where it met the grass.

The best part about this area was that it was hidden within the forest, as Fog Mountain was circled around it with only one way in. It reminds me of a midguardian fairy tale called Rapunzel that I used to read in the palace library when I was young. A tale about a girl that was stolen and kept in a tower at a secret place in the forest, only this place didn’t have a tower.

I used to spend a lot of my time here when I was younger, especially after the attack.

The water was clear blue and rippled gently, it looked so inviting, I just had to be in it again.

It has been too long since I have felt the cool water covering me.

I glanced over to Loki who was behind me, lost in deep thought as he gazed at the waterfall.

He must have noticed me staring as his gaze then fell onto me.

“Coming in?” I asked, smiling as I did so.

“I think I will pass on that offer” he grinned back to me.

I turned away and proceeded to walk towards the water. “No fun for you then!” I shouted back at him.

Without pausing I removed my bow and quiver, climbed onto the rocks and dived in. When I resurfaced Loki was standing at the edge of the water, “Come on! Don’t let me have all the fun!”. He just shook his head at me.

With that I climbed out of the water and stood in front of him.

“Fine…be like that” I huffed.

I walked behind him and just before he could turn fully towards me I pushed him, catching him off guard and causing him to fall into the water.

I couldn’t help but laugh but soon pulled a straight face once his head came out of the water, his eyes boring right into my scull.

I couldn’t keep it up and burst out laughing again, which was a bad idea because I was too busy laughing to notice him reaching up and grabbing my ankle and pulling me in with him.

The next thing I noticed was fully submerged under the water so I quickly pushed myself to the surface, spitting out water as I did so.

It was his turn to laugh.

The clear water was deep and i have never fully explored it, i had see what was down there. It had been a long time since I have been able to use my shape shifting ability, which was also given to me by my grandmother but is much more advanced thanks to Loki. 

I concentrated my mind on what I wanted to change and how I wanted to change it. I could feel tingling in my feet and energy pulsing through my nerves, it rose to by legs and to my hips.

The energy within me jolted to each side of my neck, forming four slits that protruded out of my neck.

Looking down I could see that my legs had become one large mermaid fin, the scales being a mix of light and dark blues that faded into black at the tip.

I looked up to see that Loki had not fully noticed what had happened and was staring at the gills on either side of my neck, reaching out his hand to inspect them. But before he could I moved back and dived backwards into the water in the hope that my tail would come out of the water and splash him.