001.8 | Gratitude For Saving Me

The entire top floor is regarded as the company's pinnacle. This was the humble abode of the Great Emperor Ru Weimin.

The floor was divided into three considerable sections.

The first section was known as the Executive Hall. Anyone entering the top floor will immediately come into contact with this dark polished stone brick wall embedded with large lettered gold fonts embellished with LED lights to glorify its position.

Turning a corner, the office surrounded by one-way dark stained glass walls would be seen. A conference table coupled with gray carpeted chairs was placed inside, facing a platform with a rostrum set up adjacent to the door. Both floor-to-ceiling windows were covered with venetian blinds.

An overhead projector was installed on the ceiling, with a wide whiteboard occupying the stark wall behind the rostrum. There were additional microphones, one at the table and one on the side of the stage. Other decorations, like potted plants, were added depending on who was occupying the room.

The room was intended to be used for meetings.

The usual occupants would be the board of directors, headed by Ru Weimin. Monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports will be handled within this room. On some rare occasions, the area will be reserved by department heads to discuss small proposals. Ru Weimin would still attend these private meetings, but normally it was San Zhao who oversaw them.

Due to its restricted access, every employee referred to this room as a "sacred place." Anyone would go to great lengths to get a foothold on this formidable ground.

Why was this the case?

Apart from conforming to one's outstanding talents, the members were also people in positions of power. Being in their good graces may pave the way for a smooth ascent into the ranks of the industry's elite.

Many people sought to show off everything they could while scheming incessantly in order to climb the ladder. There were bribes taken, some even offered sexual payment, just to take part in any meetings. The battle was ruthless and always ended in a bloodbath.

However, the higher-ups weren't entirely foolish. It has taken them many years to become wise old foxes who have dabbled in the darkest recesses of human nature. They were able to tell right away if a product was good or bad just by looking at it.

As a result, only a select few individuals have been successful in obtaining a successful career. And they mostly deserve it.

Walking straight from the lobby of the Executive Hall will lead to the largest area of the floor. It was composed with small offices, including the area for secretaries, and the CEO's office where a separate room for resting was constructed.

A king-sized bed occupied the most space in the resting room, with a nightstand at the upper side of the bed. A cabinet door was placed in the corner near the bathroom where the common showerhead, sink, and bathtub were installed.

The other wall facing the outside was made up of a floor-to-ceiling glass wall covered by a thin line of silk and blinders. It highlighted the range of the city and would be pleasant to look at during the night.

On the opposite corner from the CEO's office was where the secretary's table could be found. It was considerably closer to the door and more visible upon entrance. The secretary deals with the guests more, so it was reasonable for its position to be in a friendlier location.

The desk was completely tidy, with a newly acquired computer set installed near the wall. There were couples of four legged chairs before the table, which served as the sitting area for the visitors.