001.13 | Gratitude For Saving Me

When the question was asked, everyone else stopped eating. They locked their gaze on the individual who had posed the query. What are you doing? Did you know that the Jun Family and Ru Industries were in competition with one another?

Jun Zihao was about to take a bite when he was interrupted by the question. He set the fork down and sat back, restlessly eating the food he'd just taken a bite of. Jun Zihao stooped his head, attempting to make himself smaller. He had the appearance of a child who was being bullied.

For a while, the room was deafeningly silent before a faint whisper broke the trance.

"Um... Y-you could guess I have some connections w-with them."

He didn't directly reveal his position. Everyone was aware of the huge family size of the Jun Family that even the main branch had five sons. They were guessing which family branch Jun Zihao belonged to.

"Ah... That's good, very good," someone tried to ease the tension. "I never thought we were working with someone from the Jun Family, right guys?"

Everyone instantly agreed.

"The Jun Family, right? Which branch are you from?"

"The main-"

There was a collective cry of disbelief from the astonished colleagues. Jun Zihao received a scorching glance from eyes that were filled with bewilderment and amazement. The person in question grimaced, uneasy with all the attention. It made him lower his head further.

"I am sorry for hiding it," he said, stifling. "I didn't mean to do it."

Wen Yuan was surprised when he saw that Jun Zihao is about to cry. "Hey, what's wrong? Why are your eyes red?"

Jun Zihao shifted to avoid being seen directly. "You guys probably hate me."

"Ah?" They could not understand what the young man was talking about. "Why do you think we will hate you?"

"I didn't tell you about my identity. You must have thought I was a spy."

"NO!" Everyone chorused. Who would dare to hate him? Why would they think that he is a spy?

Wen Yuan heaved a sigh. Jun Zihao was such a soft guy that such a unimportant thing was enough to make him cry. He patted Jun Zihaos' back and reassured him that nobody would ever accuse him of being a spy.

"Boss Wen is right!" Someone agreed. "We are just surprised that we are working with someone from such a influential family. We are talking about the Jun Family here. They are the most reputable family in our country!"

Everyone agreed. Jun Zihao could see that his colleagues did not give him the cold shoulder and was instantly happy. He wiped the small tears away and blushed slightly for showing an embarrassing side.

"Um... If you don't mind me asking another question..." one person trailed his words when he received another glare from his group. "What? I am just going to ask what made him work for our company."

"What is there to ask?" Someone retorted. "Is it wrong to work in our company?"

"No, no, it's okay! It's not really something that I am hiding," Jun Zihao affirmed. "It's just that maybe you guys will assume that I am using my family influence to enter, so I kept it secret."

"No, Xiao Hao is really hardworking. See, even without your family, you were able to reach your position!" One member supported the drooping figure of Jun Zihao.

"Then... why do you enter the Ru industries if you have your own family business?" The said person asked.

Jun Zihao first looked at the person who asked him with a straight face. Then, all of a sudden, a faint blush appeared on his cheeks.