13.

A/N- my legs have been murdered and the murderer was me. My weapon? Standing up for 12 hours straight 2 days in a row.

Meeting the parents pt. 2

I wasn't expecting Laura's parents house to be so big. I thought since it was in the city it would be a medium sized two story house. But no, it was practically a mansion.

We were stopped in the driveway and Laura took hold of my hand a gently rubbed her thumb across the back of my hand carefully.

"Hey don't freak out." She said reaching behind my neck to move our faces centimeters apart before touching our foreheads together. She was still holding my hand and I put my hand on her hip softly and let out a deep sigh while closing my eyes.

"I won't." I said my eyes still closed and felling content.

That is until she pulled away with a smirk before getting out of the car and running to the front of the house.

Dumbstruck At my playful mate's behavior, I got out fumbling on the seatbelt and then sped walk to the door until I caught up with her.

Once at the door, Laura was standing with her fist on her hips with proud look on her face. I hugged her with a loud laugh at how dumb she looked in that pose and then we went inside.

"Mama?! Papa?!" Laura yelled excitedly.

Inside, I froze, I could smell a powerful alpha shifter but I couldn't place what kind. Laura had went ahead without me and it took a few second to settle my nerves.

"We're in here!" I could hear a women yell presumably Laura's mother.

Once we got the room where we had heard the women yell out from I saw a gigantic table filled with food and there were two servants waiting on everyone there.

The sifter was one of them and I could tell that it was Laura's father. He was massive, and he put me on edge.

Laura's siblings were eating on one of the long sides of the table. Each picking they're own side and then Laura's father was sat right at the end of the table and Laura's mother was sitting right next to him on his left.

Laura sat dow in between one of her brother and her father and I decided to sit on the opposite side of the table still on edge and ready to bolt. The family dog was sitting right under the youngest child waiting for them to drop a delicious morsel.

"So ... Laura has told us so much about you!" Laura's mom said excitedly.

I didn't say anything but just nodded with an anxious grin.

"Did She now? Because she didn't really tell me much about you guys. Just showed me a picture." I said looking directly at Laura and she looked back confused.

"So what are y'alls names?" I asked "and if you don't what kind of supernatural are you?"

"Well I am Greogory and I'm this state's head of the lion pride here. This is my wife Lana," he said motioning to the lady next to him "and she's one of the most beautiful vampires I will ever have the pleasure of meeting." Laura's father said and picked up her mothers hand and kissing it gently.

"The two sitting next to you are maxim and maxis they take more after me but we'll have to see if they're shifter on their 16th birthday." Greogory continued and the boys waved.

"And of course you've met Laura, our beautiful daughter who takes after both of us." Greogory finished.

"Okay cool."I said.

While I was talking to Laura's dad the food had been passed out and I dug in once we were done with the conversation.

After dinner everyone moved into the din where Lana put on a movie suitable for everyone and we Kaye's down on the couches. Laura was holding me in her arms the entire time occasionally playing with my hair.

Once the movie was done Laura's dad sent the boys to bed and we told them that we should head out too.

Greogory shook my hand saying that it was nice meeting me and then we headed back to Laura's apartment where we both changed and got into her bed.