Chapter 48: Awkard Cooperation... It'll Do For Now.

This has been the journey so far...

The unexpected silence and reunion between two ex-lovers has brought awkwardness upon them

The unexpected silence and reunion between two ex-lovers has brought awkwardness upon them. However the road towards the troubled village was but silence... Soon they put their differences aside... And investigates the missing supplies and people of this village.

-Crow Father.

Evangelyne: S-So... You're going to the village too, huh?

(y/n): Y-Yea... I needed Kamas to buy some stuff for Chibi and Grougal...

Evangelyne: Oh... I-I'm here for that reason too... Still don't know what to name the new baby unfortunately.

(y/n): I-I see...

You replied... Looking at the wooden floor as you and Evangelyne were in the caravan, on your way towards the village as the atmosphere was... Awkward between the two of you...

Evangelyne: I'm guessing you didn't want to bother Amalia.

(y/n): No... I didn't want to be lazy so I decided to do some bounty work for now till I find something else to distract me.

Evangelyne: Hehe... O-Of course...

Evangelyne said... Letting the awkward silence in again as the caravan was nearing the forest. Evangelyne then decided to break the silence between you and her as she began.

Evangelyne: W-Well... What do you think is going on in the village?

(y/n): With the whole disappearance of civilians and supplies? Either we're going to be dealing with bandits or some sort of creature that enjoys hiding in the dark.

Evangelyne: Which do you think is more likely?

(y/n): Bandits. Monsters or Demons would have left obvious tracks or the village wouldn't exist.

Evangelyne: Hmm...

Evangelyne hummed in response as she looked at you as you did you same... The two of you blushed before avoiding eye contact once more as Eva tries to form a conversation.

Evangelyne: S-So... How's things with Amalia? She hasn't been bothering you, has she?

(y/n): Besides the weird stuff, no. She's not a bother at all.

Evangelyne: I'm sure she's just happy to have you... Which... I'm happy for the two of you...

Evangelyne said as she looked away with a sad look in her eyes... She knows she can't change anything now that she has a family... You on the other hand... Didn't say a word as the caravan stopped.

Old Enutof: We're here!

You and Evangelyne got out of the caravan before making your way towards the old man... you were in forest with the fog blocking your view...

Old Enutrof: The village you two are looking for is just over there, follow the signs and you'll be there in no time. Good luck!

And with that said, the old man left with the caravan... Leaving you two alone as you both looked towards the direction the old man shared... However the fog wasn't helping at all.

Evangelyne: Damn... I can't see anything.

(y/n): Can't you use your Cra eyes to see through the fog?

Evangelyne: No, all I see is more fog. I can only see far distances.

(y/n): Hmm... Well I suppose this should help.

You said, raising your left hand in the air before summoning an orb of black fire as it floats towards the direction of the village, pushing some fog out of the way as you can see the first sign in the distance.

(y/n): Lets get going...

[Timeskip with (y/n) looking at footprints on the ground while Evangelyne asks questions around the village.]

(y/n): Lovely... It's like what I imagined this place would be like.

Evangelyne: Gray, covered in fog and villagers giving us the eye?

(y/n): That... And has a lovely welcoming feeling.

You said as you and Evangelyne have made it to the village also known as "The Gray Village" which... By the name despite how ridiculous it sounds... Was indeed gray as the villagers seem to look nervous but also giving you and Eva some unwelcominh stares.

(y/n): I doubt these people would give us answers to where to start.

Evangelyne: I know... They look scared.

(y/n): If we can't get answers from the outside then the inside will do.

You said, now standing in the center of the village, it was a huge village yet not so lively.

Evangelyne: So, where do you want to start? There's a Bar right over to the left.

Evangelyne recommended, pointing towards a Bar on your left. However you turn your head to the right and pointed towards a Inn.

(y/n): Well there's an Inn right over there. We could ask if any customers who stayed in that Inn went missing.

Evangelyne: True but with the whole "Disappearance" I doubt we'll be getting answers. People would be afraid of being kidnapped or just vanish when they sleep at night.

(y/n): So they'll avoid the Inn... Hmm... Bar it is.

And with that said, you and Eva made your way towards the bar, unaware that the Inn was empty as everything fades to black...

And the title "Wakfu" appeared as the title was surrounded by fog as silence filled the air.