seek out impa

This page contains information on the third main quest - Seek Out Impa.

Breath of the Wild is a very open-ended game, a first for the series. As such, the guide below is just one of many possible ways you can experience the game. We recommend you take time to explore the world at large in-between the main objectives you are given.

SPOILER ALERT: Do not read onward unless you're absolutely stumped. This should be obvious, but major plot details await. You have been warned!

Once you are all set and ready to leave the great plateau, it's time to Seek Out Impa. Where you depart the plateau and float dn from will affect what happens next - you are free to explore wherever you want and go off on your own adventure. Note that there's a couple of points of interest around the Plateau:

Off in the Southeast of keh namut shrine is the entrance to gerudo  Desert, and you can spot jee nor shrine near the valley entrance. Note that the area is fairly high level, and is best avoided for now.Northeast of heh namut shrine, below the large waterfall you can find a series of bridges and islands connecting to dah kaso shrine below - just watch out for the mighty hinox mini-boss!To the South of ja bajj shrine lies lake hylia, and the large Bridge of Hylia that spans the water.Just to the Northwest of oman au shrine you can spot several horses below that makes for good mounts. You can either land on one after paragliding into position, or sneak up to mount one - just be sure to quickly soothe the horse once mounted before your stamina runs out or you'll be thrown.Not far away to the West from the horses lies a stable,outskirts stable . Here you can register wild horse you've tamed to give it a name and summon it at any time. There's also people to talk to, and several side quest to pick up if you want. A bit far North of that is the Central Tower - but it is heavily defended by multiple Guardians!Over to the Northwest of ja bajj shrine, you can look below into the Gatepost Town Ruins to spot two travelers being attacked by Bokoblins. Help them out and they'll reward you with food or an elixir. You can also check the ruins for a chest.Onward to the dueling peaks

Wherever you land, when you're ready to move out, take the road East past the ruins and across a bridge making toward the two imposing dueling peaks in the distance.

The Outpost Ruins is full of old crates and rusty weapons , as well as a few chests hiding among the old forts. Further up, you'll pass the East Post Ruins where Moblins roam on the left. prepare for a Moblin to attack you in the road before more Bokoblins ambush you from the sides at the end of the ruins.

Over on the right before the bridge you can spy bosh kala shrine. Remember that are the only way to get Spirit Orbs, and thus more heart containers or stamina vessals - so they are worth your while to stop and explore.

Heading across Proxim Bridge (be sure to check around the bridge for Stamella Shrooms) you'll find a man gazing out at the castle named Brigo, who's pretty afraid of all the ill omens as of late. He'll warn you about the Guardians (not the stationary kind you saw on the Great Plateau, but the fast moving and scary ones patrolling hyrule castle). He'll also give directions to , pointing you to a stable on the other side of the Dueling Peaks.

Moving on, there's a large forested area along the riverside (watch for Octoroks that can spit projectiles at you). Along the beaches you'll also find war parties of Bokoblins, but staying to the path you can avoid them, and even find a resting merchant on the right named Giro who you can sell items to in exchange for rupees!

It's also worth your while to go climb up the nearby Dueling Peaks Tower. This resurrection tower is in the middle of the water, so getting to it might prove slightly difficult. You can either clear out the nearby camp of Bokoblins and make your way up the hill to glide to the tower - or you can swim to the tower and look for a slanted rock to help you get a leg up. Note that as you unlock this tower, your sheikah slate will gain a new ability to ping if it detects a shrine nearby . This is useful as some shrines  can be well hidden in the terrain.

As you move under the Dueling Peaks, beware of the water - two Lizalfos are patrolling the river by swimming up and down. If they spot you, they'll spit projectiles at you that can hurt. If you lure them to the edge, the'll leap out of the water to strike. You can also happen by a travelling merchant named Mezer here who sells meats, and up on a ridge below the peaks is another shrine, (there's a nice Climber's Bandana in a chest in the shrine worth getting!)

The Road to kakariko

On the other side of the Dueling Peaks, you can cross the Big Twin Bridge to find a new stable, the dueling peaks stable. There's a few things to do here - like buying and selling goods, or finding a side quest or two. You can also talk to Sagessa and ask about Elixirs to get a Hasty Elixir for free. Just across from the stable is another Shrine - , and it's surrounded by spikes so you may need to create a platform to hop over them.

The road going North will take you to kakariko village, so keep heading that direction and take a horse if you want. If you haven't already, you should highly consider taming a horse, as many can be found in the surrounding areas.

To tame a horse, sneak up quietly behind one, or glide down from a vantage point up high until you can land or grab onto one. At this point, you'll need to rapidly tap the Soothe button before your stamina runs out. If you are successful, the horse will calm down and let you ride it. If not, you'll be thrown off and have to try again.

When a horse is tamed, you'll need to bring it to stable as soon as possible and register it - if not, you'll loose the horse if you leave it alone for long.

the Korok

The road past the bridge and beyond is fairly uneventful, but you can spot a rather large Korok named hestu on the side of the road.

If you've met other Koroks and gotten their , you may have heard about him. Unfortunately he has a problem that needs fixing first, so do the priceless maracas Side Quest quickly. It's worth your while, as you'll be able to trade in for increased space for items like weapons,shields, and bows.

Moving up the narrow paths there's no enemies to worry about here, but you can find a traveling merchant selling stamina-increasing ingredients, and a woman who will clue you in on using bombs to mine ore.

Entering the massive archways, you'll arrive at Kakariko Village - home to the last remaining Sheikah, and Impa, your target. On the right of the entrance you'll spy a person with a busted leg. The woman, Nanna, will notice your sheikah slate, and insist you meet Impa at once - over in her house by Lantern Falls. Head through the village to the far side where two men will try and stop you before realizing the importance of what you carry.

Speak to Impa, and you'll learn more of the truth of what happened in the past, dating back to the times of legend, and your true goal will be revealed. When you feel you are ready, speak to Impa again to hear the words that were left for you, and find out your next task:free the divine beasts. Impa will also mention that your seems to be missing some components, and suggests you make for  hateno village to get it restored - which should be your first priority.

Before embarking upon your next journey, don't forget to stop and explore! Kakariko Village boasts a lot of things to do, from shops that stock Ingredients,atire, and weapons- to various side quests, and even whispers of a Great Fairy named Cotera that hides in the hills North above the village by two : Ta'loh Naeg Shrine and one further up  that seems to be buried underground further up. Find the large plant the Great Fairy resides in, and if you agree to give her 100 rupees she will come out and agree to help improve your clothes - provided you have the right monster materials.

There's also a few side quests  to tackle in the village and people to talk to learn more about the world, and a Goddess Statue across from Impa's house lets you exchange more Spirit Orbs for Heart Containers or Stamina Vessels.

Head on inside to speak with Impa and gain your next quests: your main objective to free the divine beasts and an optional but important objective you should do first:locked mementos.