free the divine beasts

. This page contains information on the main quest - Free the Divine Beasts.

Breath of the Wild is a very open-ended game, a first for the series. As such, the guide below is just one of many possible ways you can experience the game. We recommend you take time to explore the world at large in-between the main objectives you are given.

This quest is an open-ended and multi-faceted quest that spans all over Hyrule, requiring you to cleanse the giant mechanical wonders of Ganon's corruption. To do so, you'll need to meet with each of Hyrule's races in the four corners of the land. Where you start and finish and is entirely up to you, as you can go after any of the four beasts in any order - though some may prove more difficult than others.

For the sake of simplicity, we've put them in order of what we believe is the easiest progression path:

ruta of zoras domain (lanayru)rudania of  Death Mountain (eldin)medoh of the Hebra Mountains (herbra)naboris of gerudo desert (gerudo wasteland)

In order to progress into more specific quests for each region, needs to meet with the elders of each race.

From kakariko village, there are a few ways you can reach the realm of the Zora's, and start the quest to reach the domain.

The easiest way is to head North out of town past and head towards the Tower in the distance. You can cross the large river below by paragliding, but beware as the tower is guarded fiercely by many Bokoblins and Moblins.

If you'd rather take a slower route, you can pass through the many islands in the swamps below the tower - but beware as a guardian patrols near the duka truss shrine. You can also take the longer scenic route through central hyrule by taking the roads going North of the dueling peaks tower. You'll find rriverside stable along the way, as well wahgo katta shrine as nearby. Further up you'll find wetland stable the near sheh rata shrine. After crossing Thims Bridge, take the right to head onwards to Lanayru Tower as you pass on a small island full of brambles.

Whether you approach from behind or take the front bridge - one of two things will happen. On top of the Resurrection Tower, you'll meet a Zora named Gruve.

He'll explain he was sent here by Prince Sidon of the Zora to look for Hylians, but can't seem to get his attention, and that he is down on the blue bridge below near the (where another Zora will direct you to Sidon if you went to the Shrine first). Meeting Sidon will trigger the next quest for the Zora -reach zoras domain.

The road to the Gorons is thankfully just North of lanayru tower, grab a horse and start heading up the slopes towards eldin  Canyon.

As you pass Trilby Valley on the left, beware of a wandering ice wizzrobe among some ruins on the right - as prolonged conflict can bring a blizzard down on your head.

When you reach a fork in the road, note the right path leads up to the akkala region, while the left goes to the Maw of Death Mountain. Be wary of travelers here - some may be friendly, some may be Yiga Clan in disguise. The road ahead is fairly treacherous and many strong Bokoblins are ready to ambush you - but if you can make it past you'll find the foothill stable, with the mo'a keet shrine  on the hill above it.

Here you can find a Goron merchant selling ore, a potential shrine quest, and a girl named Gaile who will sell you very valuable Fireproof Elixirs. Death Mountain is a very hot place, and you'll need to be prepared unless you want to literally burst into flames.