Our Past

First of all thanks for over 2K readers I didn't know that so many people would read my story. And also thank you for all the likes and comments. These really keep me motivated to write more.

                                 ❤

2 years ago

Jeno PoV

I just came back from my meeting with Renjun when my parents asked me to go to see them. I wonder what they want.

And.. speaking of Renjun. I've been in love with him for a few years now and I think its finally time to ask him to be my boyfriend. I mean we both have been crushing on each other for a long time no so I know that our feelings are the same. We also have been acting a lot like a couple (which Jaemin and Haechan said because we are too gross for them). So I think its finally the time to make things official. I want to be able to call him mine.......

                                 ❤

I knocked on the door and went inside. My mom and the king were sitting there. I went to my mom and gave her a peck on her cheek and then sat down.

"Jeno. There is something we want to talk about. It was a matter of time where we would have to talk about it. You know that we aren't the youngest anymore and that you will take the role as the next king. But the thing is you can't be a king .. alone..."

"Not being able to be a king alone? What do you mean?" I looked at my mom confused.

"Well, there has to be someone by your side. You will reign with you.. a partner."

"A partner ?!?! Why ?!?! I think I'm able to reign the country by myself so no thank you."

"Jeno!!" the king stood up looking angry at me. And I saw how my mom winced when he shouted and slowly began to get away from him.

Because it was not so good when HE was angry.

"Who do you think you are! You don't have anything to say. We already arranged everything. You are going to marry the princess of the west...."

"Arranged what??!! I don't even know her?!" I shouted back at him.

"Jeno calm down my dear." My mother looked at me with pleading eyes, silently telling me to stop.

"When you turn 20 before you are going to be crowned you will marry her. That's my final decision. You don't have to know her. The only thing that matters is that she is a princess. Don't you know how much benefits that will bring! You could even be the king of the west. Imagine that Jeno. I'm giving you an amazing opportunity."

I looked at him in disbelieve after realizing what his real intention was. He wanted more power. He wanted our kingdom to be the most powerful with the help of the west kingdom. Power is the only thing that matters to him and he even would use his own son for that. Not that he ever cared about me.

"What if I don't want to. You cant decide for me. I'm not going to marry her. Never. I don't care what you say. You just want power. That's it I'm not going to-"

HE SLAPPED ME. Right on my left cheek.

"Who gives you a right to talk to me like that!! Who do you think you are, you little shit-"

He was going to slap me again before my mother stopped him.

"Love, I didn't think he meant it like that. He is just a boy and doesn't know what he says, right Jeno?"