Our Past III

Jeno Pov

I couldn't believe my own eyes. Blood was everywhere and within it laid my friend who just helped me a few hours ago. My friend, the guard. I looked around and saw the servant standing next to him still shocked.

"What happened !! Did you do that?!" I shouted at her while crying silently.

She looked at me, afraid.

"No.., I just found him like that a few minutes ago.."

I still looked angry at her. I know it wasn't her who killed him because she was even too weak to even hurt a fly. So how should she have killed a guard who was trained to fight?

More and more people started to gather. Probably also to see what happened and why somebody was screaming.

I looked up and saw Renjun standing there.

He also looked heartbroken just like me. Tears were running down his eyes.

He also knew him. He was one of the ones who knew about us and who also helped us a lot. A now... now he was dead. I couldn't believe it. That couldn't be happening.

I tried to calm myself down, but it didn't work. How could this have happened? We were in peace so how could he have been killed? And by whom?!

Does this mean there is a murderer within these walls? I couldn't imagine a murderer living here. I almost knew everyone here and I didn't think anyone would be capable of killing someone. Seems like a was wrong.

I woke up from my thoughts when more guards came and dragged me away from there. "protect the prince" they said. I looked at Renjun for the last time before I was dragged away.

A few hours later I was still locked up in my room before another guard came inside to tell me that there was a meeting I should attend.

I wish they would let me see Renjun. I want someone who can hug me and make me feel safe again and Renjun is the only person who could do that. I just want to stay in his arms and cry...

                               ❤

As I arrived at the meeting I saw every high person standing there, meaning my mom, the king and the royalties from the other Kingdom with many many guards.

"Jeno, dear is everything okay? I know he was your friend. I can't believe that happened. This has never happened before...."

"I'm okay mom. Thanks for asking" I said as I went to my mom and hugged her.

"I guess it was a shock for everyone. But my son isn't that weak, crying like a baby, right?"

The king said while looking at me. Even at this time, he couldn't care less about someone's feelings. He really is a monster without any emotions...

"Yeah, right..." my mother looked at me worried but she knew that she couldn't do anything about it.

"Well, we all gathered here to discuss what we should do after that incident happened. The first thing to do is to protect everyone more, which means more guards around us. We don't know who was the murderer and if the guard was his real target. Maybe it was one of us and he was just in his way. Our security will question everyone who might have seen something to help them find out who murdered him. The killer could still be here without us knowing, so I want everyone to have a guard close to them and stay in their room most of the time. Until we find the killer, no one's safe."

Everyone nodded their heads as my mom finished speaking. There wasn't anything else what we could do. Staying safe in our rooms was the best thing to do at the moment.

"And another thing is that I think its best to pause the marriage arrangments until everything is fine again..."

"No!!" shouted the princess while looking really angry.

"That's the only logical thing to do now my dear, we are all in danger right now, so how should we manage the marriage?"

"I don't see any danger here. We shouldn't stop the marriage, because of this. I want to marry Jeno now!"

She shouted more. I must say she looked like she was crazy. I mean she is crazy, we are all in danger right now and the only thing she is thinking about is the weeding. I don't even want to marry her.

Her mother seemed to have calmed her down because the apologized for her behavior and stayed silent.

She only seemed creepier to me now. And the more and more I know her, the more I dislike her. I must say I'm quite happy that we have to pause the marriage even if I'm still sad about the circumstances.

After that, we all parted our ways and went to our rooms again.

I was laying in my bed with guards outside my room when I heard something outside my room.

I was scared. Maybe it was the killer?!!

Just when I was about to get my sword the door opened and the princess came inside.

You could literally see how relieved I was. I went back to sit on my bed and looked at her.

"What are you doing here? You should have stayed in your room!"

"Aren't you happy to see me? I came to see you because I missed you."

She left the door and slowly got closer to me while she smiled. However, there was something weird about her smile...

"Oh Jeno, arent you sad like I am about our marriage. Maybe we should just run off together and marry secretly. Don't you also want to finally be mine?!"

She came closer and closer as I walked further and further away from her. Something wasn't right, she suddenly behaved very strangely.

"To be honest. . . no. I think I should tell you the truth because something else wouldn't be fair. I have to admit that I was glad we weren't getting married that soon."

"What!?" she shouted.

"Don't you love me? Don't you want to be with me?!"

"No. I don't love you, to be honest, I kind of hate you. I didn't want this marriage. I already have someone I love."

I shouted back. She got more and more angrier while I was speaking.

"No!! You are mine. You can't love someone else other than me. You and I are perfect for each other. And I'm not letting anyone destroy what we both have with each other. Well if you don't want to be mine voluntary I guess I have to make you mine."

Suddenly she was right beside me, holding something on to my mouth. I tried to fight her off and to scream, but it couldn't do it. The last thing I saw was someone trying to open the door before I couldn't move anymore and everything became black.....

Authors note

Hey, I'm back with a new chapter of the background Story. I'm sorry for not posting that long, but I had my exams and then I went to Vienna for a week, but I have vacations again so I'm hopefully going to post again next week. It's now only one chapter left of their past. Are you excited to know how it will end? What do you think about it? Will Jeno be saved? What will happen now? What do you think of the "princess"?

Stay tuned to find out more and thank you all for reading my story.

To be continued.....