Chapter 5

Turns out if I hadn't called Mia I would have been the laughing stock of the party. For guys there is no dress code whatsoever, but for girls... You had to have the perfect balance between smart and beach wear. I had a pair of golden sandals, the straps went up over my ankles. Mia bought a bunch of dresses, shorts, shirts and a load of accessories.

"This is so exciting! None of these clothes fit me anymore. So I'm thinking your sandals with this." she held up a purple dress. It had thickish straps, that came down into a v-neck and had a golden waist belt, the skirt part of the dress was layered and it faded from the darkest purple to almost white. I put it on and I came to my knees. Mia made me twirl, and by the look on her face it looked good. I stood in front of the mirror and it was so weird to see myself in a dress. I never wear dresses unless it’s to something fancy.

 "Charlotte you look beautiful! Now for jewellery..."

She had a thin gold chain that had a circle purple stone pendant. With matching earrings. She clipped my fringe back, and I did my make-up. Just eyeliner and mascara. Mia heated her curling iron while I fed Splash quickly. She just did a few strands of my hair the curls made my hair even shorter than it already was, but it looked pretty. 

"Thank you Mia. I really appreciate it." I said while she fussed over my hair for the last time before she left. I waited around for about fifteen minutes before the boys arrived. Harry in black jeans and a green shirt, Logan in light blue jeans and a white shirt. They didn't even knock they just walked straight in. 

"Who are you and what have you done with Charlie?" Logan asked as I stood up. 

"Wow Charlie, you clean up well!" Harry told me. 

"Thanks guys, you look great as well." I said. 

"Naturally." Logan said taking a seat. 

"Okay so what time should we head down?" I asked. 

"We can go at about five forty-five. By then the fire will be going and the music will have started and people will be down there." Harry told me taking a seat near Logan. 

"Okay, so a game of halo before we leave?" I asked sitting in the middle of them. We played a few rounds and at about five thirty the music started down at the beach. 

"Should I take my camera?" I asked walking out onto the balcony to look out on to the beach. 

"Yea, but take it in your bag because people get pretty crazy at these things. And if you want to bring it back then I can run it up for you." Harry said standing next to me. "You do look really nice tonight Charlotte." I must have blushed because they smiled and chuckled. I smacked his arm and we went back in so I could sort my camera out, making sure my battery was charged and that I had a spare, checking to see if I had enough room on my memory card, and packing a spare, putting my phone in along with my purse for drinks and such. 

"You won't need to pay for anything in that dress, especially if Nate sets his eyes on you." Logan said when he saw me take money out my jar. 

"Who's Nate?" I asked.

"Captain of the football team, student body president, rich guy, surfer... Every girls dream." Harry said with resentment in his voice. 

"Well he can buy me all the drinks he wants, but I’m not interested, because it's probably going to cause some kind of drama and I don't do drama." I said to Harry and Logan laughed.

"That's true, but you haven't met him yet... So you might just change your mind." Logan said. 

"I guess I'll just have to prove you wrong. Shall we go?" I asked putting my bag over my shoulder. The boys got up, I said good bye to Splash and locked the door.