Chapter 6

When I got home, I gave Splash some milk, and went straight to shower, I was full of sand and smelled like smoke from the bonfire, my hair was sticky from the salt air. I washed my hair and body and hair, dried myself put my pjs on and went and sat on the balcony with Splash on my lap I sat there for a while watching the fire fade out, the last few people leaving, when my hair was dry I took Splash to her litter box and then took he to bed. She curled up on the pillow and I took my wetsuit and white rash vest out for the morning and set my alarm for quarter to five, giving me fifteen minutes to wake up before I had to get up and dressed. I pulled my phone out my bag and I had a text from Aaron. 

Aaron: hey, I didn't get to say goodbye, but I'm home now. See you soon xxx.

Received at 12:34am

I didn't reply, I got into bed turned my phone on to ring and stroked Splash once more and closed my eyes and it felt like only minutes before my alarm went off.

I groaned at the beeping noise and Splash hissed. "Time to get up kitty cat." I whispered and rolled over to kiss her and give her a cuddle, I switched my lamp on, and put Splash on the floor, she ran straight to the litter box. I turned the kettle on and went to brush my teeth. My hair clearly wasn't as dry as I thought it was when I crawled into bed last night because it is sticking up in all different directions. I wet it in the shower and towel dried it. Then I put my black bikini on and decided to brave the water without my wetsuit. I switched my white rash vest for my light blue one and shoved it in my bag, I pulled up my blue board shorts and a black top. Fed Splash, drank my coffee. Packed a bottle of water, one of juice and an apple and two oranges. I took some more money out my jar, slipped my phone into my pocket and was out the door at five twenty five. I got in the car and the sun was just rising so I grabbed my sunglasses out the glove box, turned the radio on and opened my window, and pulled out onto the road. There were already some people in the water. I went to get my board first, my dad’s car was there and the kitchen light was on. I climbed out and knocked on the door. Mia opened. "Hi Mia, I don't know if Dad told you, but I came to get my board." I said with a smile. Even with not a stitch of makeup on, un brushed hair and in her silk pjs, Mia was stunning. 

"He didn't, but come on in. You're up early. Are you going down with the boys?" she asked, leading me to the deck where my board stood.

"Yeah, Nate Right is joining us as well. I have a feeling he and Logan are going to have a slight headache this morning." I said with a laugh. 

"Nate Right?" she asked warily.

"Yes, don't worry Mia I can handle him."

"I know you can... How was the party?" she said. 

"It was great. I had a lot of fun, I'll show you pictures soon." I told her putting my board under my arm. "I better go, I need to get the boys as well. Thanks Mia." I said and she walked to the door. I tied my board to the roof and I drove to Harry's. I texted him and he was out a minute later. I was standing outside the car when he walked up. 

"Morning sunshine." I said. 

"Hi Charles." he said holding his hand up to cover the sun that was shining in his eyes. "Enough with the formalities, shall we tie my board in and go get the other boys?" Harry said. I nodded and we did as he said. He phoned Logan while we were on the way to his house. "He's awake and ready, but sounds really hung-over." He told me. 

"You better call Nate also. Let him know we on our way." I said. 

"You call him while I tie up Logan's board." he told me, then read out the number I punched it into my phone and called while Harry got Logan. 

"Hello?" Nate said. 

"Hey Nate, it's Charlie." 

"Ah hi Charlie."