The store ~1~

Rachel's P.O.V

"How about this dress Jack?" I questioned my gay best friend.

"Oh my god. I think we found the one!" He yelled.

"The one that's the ugliest. Next!" He laughed.

I turned around groaning, he is my best friend and I love him, but he is so difficult to work with. Walking back into the changing room my eyes fell onto the last dress there, I cringed at how short it was.

I picked up the short gray and black sparkly dress and pulled it over my body. I stared at the mirror in amazement .

"This is the one" I whispered.

I pulled the curtain open and Jack's eyes were bulging out of his head

"Oh. My. God" He smiled.

"Do you like it?" I asked worried.

"Honey. That dress almost makes me straight" He ran over to me and hugged me.

"Go get changed and let's buy it" He jumped up and down clapping his hands together.

I got out of the dress and grabbed the dress I wanted, I pulled the curtain open and Jack was no where to be seen. But there was a boy, my age. His eyes travelled off of his phone and we made eye contact. He smiled at me and I smiled back, I kept walking and found Jack at the counter with his card out.

"No, no, no, no. Jack. I said I am paying" I groaned.

"Too late" He chuckled as he put his card away.

I slapped his arm and rolled my eyes at him.

"You two are an adorable couple" The lady working smiled.

"Oh no no. I'm gay" He blabbed on and on but I was staring at the boy from before, he turned around, probably from feeling someone staring at him. I whipped my head back around, I looked out the corner of my eye and he was walking towards me.

"Oh crap. Oh crap. Oh crap" I thought to myself.

Suddenly I was shoved to the ground.

"Oh my god. I am so sorry. Here let me help you"
He reached his arm out and I grabbed it, I felt his fingers go down my sleeve and pulled me up. I looked at the boy, it was him. I tried to speak but I got tongue tied.

"I- It's okay" I choked out.

At this point everyone in the store was looking at us. I stepped closer to Jack feeling awkward from everyone's eyes on me.

"You two are cute together" His eyes felt pain, but why.

"We're just friends, he's into dudes" I laughed.

"Oh! You're gay" He scratched the back of his neck.

"Don't worry, buddy" Jack winked.

"Jack. You're assuming again" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Sorry" Jack whispered.

"I'm Jonah by the way" He held out his hand.

"Rachel" I grabbed it and pulled him into a bro hug, what can I say? I hang out with boys most of my time.

He chuckled.

"I wasn't expecting that" He smiled.

I blushed a bit. Jack elbowed me twice wiggling his eyebrows, I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Jonah?" A women yelled.

"I have to go, again I'm so sorry about pushing you to the floor. It was nice meeting you" He jogged back to the changing area.

"Bye" I yelled back.

"You so like him" Jack laughed.

"As if" I groaned.

"Come on. Let's go" I pulled his arm out the door with my dress in my other hand.

When we got in the car I put the dress in the back and felt something in my sleeve, the one Jonah slid his fingers down. I pulled out a piece of paper and opened it.

"Hi, it's Jonah. I purposely pushed you to ground to give you this note. I thought you were absolutely gorgeous in that dress and wanted to give you my number. 0126473590 ;)" it read.

"Oh my god. JACK!" I called out.

Jack ran out the car to my side, he looked at my hand and grabbed the paper.

"OH MY GOD RACHEL!" He jumped around.

"You have to call him!" He settled down, still smiling widely.

I looked up for a second and saw Jonah walking out of the store with an older women, that must be his mum. Jonah was staring at me and his eyes  travelled to my hands, his cheeks went a light shade of red.

"I'll call him when we get home" I said louder then usual, hoping he'll hear me.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Jack pushed me towards the car.

He shut the back doors and hopped into the driver seat. I sat in the passenger seat watching Jonah get into the car in front of us. Jack started the car and drove away.

Once we arrived home I jumped out the car and grabbed my dress making a run for the door, I unlocked it and ran to my room. I heard Jack laugh and say something under his breath, probably saying something to do with me running. I ran down stairs and into the lounge room where Jack was, I jumped next to him and pulled my phone out dialing Jonah's number in. After three rings he picked up.

"Hello?" He asked.

"H-hi. It's Rachel from the store" I shyly smiled.

"Oh. Hi Rachel." He enthusiastically said.

"I was just wondering if you'd like to hang out some time. Get to know each other better?" He softly said.

I didn't know what to say.

"She'd love too!" Jack yelled.

I slapped his arm.

"Ahaha. Great, how about this Saturday?" He asked.

"Sounds great" I smiled.

"Cool. I'll text you the details" He said.

"Okay" I replied.

"Alright, I'll talk to you soon. Bye Rachel" He said happily.

"Bye Jonah" I replied just as happy.