First Meeting

If anyone was surprised by your actions during the first year of Beacon it was definitely Team CFVY themselves. You were a popular team leader, crushing it in tournaments and the initiation. Hell, you were recommended to join Beacon from your combat instructors back at Signal Academy. But all that skill never separated you from the rest of the pack, especially when it came to your crushes. You always had a thing for brains and beauty was an added bonus. And Velvet Scarletina fit that description perfectly. You were way under league for Coco and you honestly thought that about Velvet.

You had asked Velvet out towards the end of the year after working up enough courage to do so. After being shocked and surprised, she accepted your invite on a single date, you were ecstatic with a massive smile on your face. However, that deal did come with some of CFVY hunting you down and threatening you if you hurt Velvet. Despite that, you two went out for lunch and had a lovely time. You two set up a second, third and just rolled out from there. Sometimes you would hang out with her team, other times the opposite. The point being, you two spent a lot of time with one another.

Currently, you and her were out running a mission together. You had your sniper out and aimed it towards some militants. According to a mission board, this band of mercenaries were ransacking a local town and even kidnapping a few. Of course, those they took were killed. They were basically a radical cultist. Before you could pull the trigger, you felt someone tap your shoulder. You turned back and saw Velvet was there.

Velvet: You got everything?

(Y/N): Yeah.

Velvet: Honey? The silencer?

(Y/N): Oh...uh...(chuckles) Yeah, that would be useful.

Velvet rolled her eyes and put your silencer on the rifle. She pecked your cheek and moved next to you. You pulled the trigger and took out one of the guards.

(Y/N): Sorry I'm an idiot.

Velvet: You being an idiot makes me feel like a genius.

You chuckled again and took out another guard.

Velvet: You know I don't think you're an idiot, right?

(Y/N): Of course. (Fires again) It's just playful banter. It's nothing new.

She nodded and kissed your cheek again. You smirked and fired again, taking out the last of the outside guards.

(Y/N): They're out. Let's roll. (Quickly kisses Velvet) Love you, Babe.

Velvet softly blushed and you began to run down to the main compound. She blushed lightly and began to run down after you. The two of you reached the main gate and Velvet leapt up and over the wall, peering into the main courtyard.

(Y/N): Liking the view.

Velvet: There's not any cover. We should use the wall's walkways for movement.

(Y/N): Like I said, really liking the view.

Velvet: Not really.

(Y/N): Was talking to myself.

Velvet's eyes widen and she glanced back down to you. You were looking up, getting a perfect view of her rear. She blushed and pulled herself up and over. You laughed a bit and leapt up after her and landed beside her. Velvet then slapped you.

(Y/N): Ow! What was that-

Velvet: If you were not my boyfriend I would hit you harder and hoped you die here. Now focus!

(Y/N): Hey, who is the team leader here? Come on.

You took point again and moved out and towards the main compound's building. Once you two were inside, you saw some people tied up in the center and a few people looking like cultist surrounding them. You give some signals to Velvet and she seemingly understands what you are asking and moves around to the other side of the room. You took out your sniper and aimed it at the cultist leader. You glanced forward and saw Velvet had taken some pictures with her camera. You knew the reasons why.

You were about to pull the trigger until you felt a hand on your shoulder. You slowly turned around and saw a cultist standing there and reeling back for a punch. You quickly grabbed his wrist and pushed him back and kneed him in the stomach. You turned back to Velvet and saw a look of fear on her face. You signaled for her to continue the mission. She nodded and moved away. The cultist got up and punched you in the stomach and then the face.

You turned back and wrapped your arms around the cultist and pushed down on his stomach and covered his mouth. You then softly let him to the ground and punched him in the throat before he hit the metal ground. You then walked over and grabbed your sniper and converted it back to a glave.

Leader: We will kill them huntsman!

You froze. He knew you were there. You sighed and swiftly began to run and saw Velvet on the ground in cover. You knew she was safe. Then you thought about what the leader said. Huntsman? Singlar. He knew you were there but not Velvet. You smirked and leapt over the rail and fired at the guards and took them out and landed in front of the hostages.

(Y/N): You asked?

Leader: Even more foolish than I thought.

(Y/N): Yep that's me. Oh, and her.

Leader: Her?

(Y/N): Velvet!

You rolled sideways and a holographic rocket launcher was on Velvet's shoulder. She fired three rockets and all hit the surrounding area of the leader.

(Y/N): Nice shooting.

Velvet: I know. I'll get these people to safety.

(Y/N): And I'll take out the rest. Got it. Stay safe.

Velvet: You too.

You two went to action. Velvet quickly untied the people and got them outside while you looked around the wreckage for the cultist. You took a deep breath and sighed once you realized they were all taken out. However, before you could walk away, the leader leapt from the rubble and pulled you back down onto a metal sheet. You got out of his grip and spun around and kicked his head.

The leader grabbed a knife and began to swing it at you. You backed up and let him wail it at you. You blocked another attack and kicked him in the stomach and rolled around him. You grabbed his chest and threw him into a stone wall. The cultist began to crawl over, but you stomped on his back. You turned him over and looked at him dead in the face.

(Y/N): So...how are things?

Leader: You will die! Lusoic will save us all!

(Y/N): Sure pal.

The leader kicked up and hit your leg. He then took his knife and cut a cable. You stood back up but a pipe swung down and hit you in the face and sent you flying through the air and knocking you out. The leader got up and slowly began to walk over to you. However, before he could reach you, a shotgun round went off and Velvet had shot the leader again. She ran in with a few police officers behind her and she slid down beside you.

Velvet: (Y/N)? (Y/N)?!

The cops arrested the leader and medical crews brought you out of the building and to the hospital. A day later, Velvet got the news from your teammates you were awake. She ran into the hospital, past the staff and found your room with your teammates around you. She ran into the room and hugged you, a few tears in her eyes. Meanwhile, you were motionless, confused.

Velvet: I'm so glad you're ok! (You give her a confused look) What's wrong?

(Y/N): Do I know you?

You had amnesia. And Velvet let that realization settled in...and tears from her eyes.