Walk in the City

You opened your eyes and you were in a bit of a white void. Nothing was around you at all. Suddenly, a large series of green and gray emerged. You then recognized the area as some sort of park. You saw a few bridges crossing over waterways and a large pond. You could feel some cobblestone pathway beneath you and you then saw an ice cream stand. You could also feel your legs move towards it and something grasp your hand.

You looked over and saw nothing but a white figure walking beside you. The figure had a female look to it. Clearly the head turned towards you and had spoken nothing but gibberish. It sounded like someone was summoning a demon to claim you. Regardless of that, you felt a smile come to your face and nodded. The figure and you walked over to the ice cream stand and ordered something together.

The figure then turned to you and said something else. You clearly couldn't make it out, but your body seem to move on instinct.

(Y/N): I love you too.

Then, the figure leaned up and you leaned down to it and kissed.

Your eyes shot open and you quickly sat up on your bed. You were panting and you looked around the room you were in. Hospital room...right. That girl? That was a memory. Not a dream. You struggled to get some form of image for the girl. Who was she? Suddenly, your scroll rung. Choosing to stop your crazed obsession with your memories, you reached over and grabbed your scroll.

You saw Velvet was calling you...Velvet. There always something about her that made you feel...funny inside. She was always wanting to hang out with you and it just made you feel...just great. There was no other way to describe it. And that memory from last night. That girl always showed up and so did Velvet. Oh, right, the call.

You grabbed the scroll and answered the call.

(Y/N): Hey, Velvet. Hey. Hey, Velvet. Hi.

Velvet: (giggles) Hey, (Y/N). Had a good night?

(Y/N): For the most part. So, what's up?

Velvet: I was wondering if you wanted to come into Vale with my team and I? See if we can't jog that memory of yours.

(Y/N): I mean if you think it will work. I don't really have an idea. But you know, if it works, then I'm ok with it. I mean, if you are. Which you are since you invited me.

You gave an awkward chuckle. You heard Velvet giggle again.

Velvet: Yeah. Meet us at the docks at noon. See ya then.

Velvet hung up. You also hung up and threw your scroll onto the bed. You groaned and fell back onto your bed.

(Y/N): I'm an idiot! Man, what happened to me? I was the cool guy and just hearing Velvet...

The door opened and Gure leapt into the room and landed on top of you.

(Y/N): Gez, Gure! You want me to lose my memory again?!

Gure: Perhaps.

Silver and Burly also ran into the room and looked more than annoyed at seeing Gure and his antics. Burly walked over and grabbed Gure's collar and picked him up. Gure gave a large grin at Burly.

Gure: Hey, Big Guy.

Burly: Gure, my friend....just why?

Gure: Why not?

Your team groaned and resume the usual banter between one another. Jokes here and there, then Silver asked the big question.

Silver: You think you want to try to figure out who that one mystery girl is?