Doctor's Orders

Velvet looked at you with tears in her eyes. You had no idea who she was and you had no idea how much that question affected her or that she cared so much about you. She took a step back and you just looked back at her with a mixture of a large smile and a questioning look. She glanced over to your teammates and saw the looks of sorrow on their faces as well.

(Y/N): Sorry. Did I say something wrong? I really don't remember you.

Velvet: I...I, well, um-

Silver: (Y/N), this is Velvet. She's another...close friend.

(Y/N): Oh...sorry. I just...can't seem to remember much past a couple of months apparently. So...we're friends?

Gure: Buddy, you can't remember the past two years.

(Y/N): Oh...right. Sorry.

Burly: Do not worry, my friend. Velvet, will you walk with the doctors and I outside to explain his...condition to you?

Velvet: Ye-yeah. Alright.

Velvet followed a doctor and Burly outside. You watched with a smile on your face. The door closed and you turned to Gure.

(Y/N): I like her.

Gure: Trust me...you two were close.

(Y/N): Is she your girlfriend?

Gure and Silver jerked back to one another. Silver had a stern look on his face while Gure had a laid back look.

Silver: Don't even think about it.

Gure had made it known that he had a crush on Velvet after you asked her out. However, that wasn't going to destroy your friendship or relationship with everyone involved. He glanced outside to look at the doctor with Burly and Velvet.

Velvet: So amnesia? Is it temporary?

Doctor: For the time being we believe it is. However, there are still some...issues we are concerned with.

Velvet: Issues? What issues?

Doctor: For starters...it may be some time until he can read or write again. He has basic motor skills under control. Then there is personnel memories.

Velvet: Personnel?

Burly: People like us. Like you, me, the team, everyone basically. Which is where the complicated ends...come together.

Velvet: Stop beating around the bush. Get to the point already.

Doctor: Sudden revelations...may damage his mind even further. He's already dealing with a lot of stress as is. And unfortunately, his teammates have added more with revealing he is in Beacon and a team leader. We've already stopped him from having a mental breakdown. Anymore stress could harm him even further.

Velvet: So...he's not my boyfriend anymore?

Burly: He is. It's just...he won't be until he gets his memory back. I recommend this...stay with him just do not act....flirty. Treat him as you did last year. Like a good friend.

Velvet sighed and looked back into your room. You were listening to Silver explain something to you. A tear began to fall from her eyes and soon she began to weep. Burly walked over and hugged her, keeping her head to his chest.

Doctor: I'll...let you two handle this.

The doctor walked off and Velvet let out all of her emotions onto Burly. She gathered herself back up and walked back into the room and sat down beside you. She gave you a smile and you smiled back.