Chapter 8: The Griffin

So far my day wasn't going that great!

Everyone at the dining pavilion was sitting at their cabin's tables except Sakura who with the Aphrodite girls probably gossiping.

As usual I sat alone since I was the only child of Poseidon but it was fine by me. The Reaper stayed in the corner where nobody noticed her as she watched everyone like a hawk.

Chiron who stood in front of the pavilion banged his hoof to get our attention. I listened to his announcement as I took a bite from my waffle which was decorated with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and blue sprinkles (just to rub it in your face)

"Good morning all!" Chiron spoke. "I'm sorry to interrupt your delicious breakfast and morning activities but I have bad news."

Everyone was dead silent.

"We have been attacked," continued Chiron.

"By what?" Asked Avery.

"A Griffin."

There was a sudden chatter of excitement, fear and anxiety.

"The problem is that it summons lightning and controls the weather and nobody can contain it."

As a child of Poseidon I was supposed to hate lightning but being multi powered and all it didn't bother me but Zeus did have a problem with it though...

"Maybe Phillipa can help!" Suggested Liam.

"No,I think Sakura should do it rather," said someone else.

If I wasn't so busy enjoying my waffles I would've found that person and have a personal meeting with them.

Instead of losing my temper like I usually did I actually laughed.

"You guys want Sakura to defeat a Griffin? Now that's a good joke."

"Actually we were not joking," replied an Ares camper.

"So you want little Miss Flower Power to kill us all?".

Liam stood up and tried to put the lid back on the pot, "Whoa guys, let's chill about this. Everyone who wants Sakura to do the job raise your hand."

Everybody's hands shot up except The Twins, Liam, The Reaper (nobody noticed her expect me), Chiron and Avery.

"Yay!" Sakura beamed at her supporters. "I love being chosen. Do I kill the Griffin? Tie it up-"

I got up from my seat. "Hold on sister! What makes you think that you have what it takes to stand face to face with a Griffin, King of the beasts?"

"Well when we met that dragon at Gwandavola, Sakura finished it off," said James.

I glared at the satyr as a thousand nasty things crossed my mind. "Is your name Sakura?"

James sank into his seat as his face turned bright red...

"Do you want to do it, Sakura?" Asked Chiron with the expression of a brick on his face.

Sakura nodded which made me want to throw up my waffles.

"Well then," something like grief or depression formed in the centaurs eyes. "Sakura get your weapons ready... Everyone come to the Hills in ten minutes, that's where the Griffon is."

"But, Chiron-" I tried to say.

"No, Phillipa," Chiron interrupted sternly. "We will discuss everything at a later stage but for now we have bigger problems!"

Chiron galloped away.

My hands began to shake with fury. Was Chiron letting Sakura do this?

The Twins, and Liam came to sit at the Poseidon table. Liam put an arm around me...