Chapter 6: Reapers and Creepers

The wind ran its fingers through my hair as the Ferrari drove at one hundred and eighty miles per hour-- which was rapid and Gwandavola faded in the distance. Other cars and palm trees zoomed passed me on the freeway. Surprisingly I was being a good driver-- Driving at high speeds and not killing anybody and I didn't even have my licence yet.

The ocean rose on the right hand side of the freeway and I slowed down to admire the view... A pod of Dolphins dominated the waters, a fish eagle flew above the surface in search of fish. A humpback whale breached out of the dark blue sheets of salt water. It was a breathtaking sight and my father was king of it.

Suddenly the tall and slender neck of a sea monster showed itself and I hit the gas and drove fast again. I have seen enough monsters for a day.

The forest flashed passed outside the windows. The car's speed was now one hundred and ninety miles per hour. I had no idea why I was speeding but my demigod senses were tingling.

Something was near and whatever this something was, was not good.

The pressed a button and the windows came up. I held on to the steering wheel tightly with my sweaty hands. In the rearview mirror there was a wave of black smoke, running after the car....

My grip on the wheel tightened and my heart began racing.

What the Hades was going on? Why was I encountering so many problems today? First it was the nightmare, second the tsunami, third a sea monster, third was Sakura, fourth was a dumb prophecy, fifth the voice of Gaea, sixth just had to be a dragon with rude Pegasi and last but not least was number seven, black smoke chasing my Ferrari (Finders keepers, losers weepers).

I took a second look and saw that the black smoke was thousands of black hands...

No I'm not being racist! The hands were literally black like Tartarus.

The car was racing at two hundred miles but the hands were fast and I did not want to know what would happen of they got hold of the car...

I was only a few miles ahead of camp but the tires were on fire and my grip on the wheel was loosening.

Camp half-blood was in sight. I made it to the hills wills and the hands disappeared.

The car's engine died and I climbed out. The hood of the car was smoking an the wheels were messed up...

The Jeep came in just in time.

"What happened to you?" asked James with an iced coffee in his hand his hand.

Apparently they went to Starbucks without me. Cruel...

"Black hands were chasing me!" I huffed out of breadth.

"Don't me racist!" exclaimed Leon.

"I'm not being racist!" I replied. "The hands were literally black."

"We really need to talk to Chiron," insisted Leona.

"Oh please guys!" said James. "Phillipa's just complaining. We do not need to see Chiron, every demigod gets chased by monsters at some point."

I glared at the satyr and his cup of coffee and at that same moment the cup tilted sideways and its hot caffeinated contents spilled on James who yelped.

I couldn't help but smirk. Revenge was sweet! And hot too!

"Liam, teach your girlfriend some manners. She used her telekinesis on me," James growled.

"Now, Phillipa, that wasn't nice," Sakura started. "You should apologise."

I gave Sakura the say-that-again-and-I-will-kill-you stare.