Chatted 4: Sakura, daughter of Persephone

There was a lot of debris in the water which made finding the little girl a mission and time was ticking...

During my swim in the flood I found an iPhone, a small diary with a lock, car keys and abandoned swimming trunks which I all stuffed in my pockets (except the swimming trunks... Gross!)

I found the little girl floating around in the debris. Her eyes were closed and I grabbed hold of her and swam back up to the surface. I made the unconscious girl climb on back so it looking like she was having a piggyback ride. I commanded the water to make waves so that moving in search of land was easier but as time went on the weight of the girl began to tire me until the Reception was insight.

At the front porch, I laid the girl on the wooden floor.

"Hey, Phillipa!" called a voice.

Liam, Leon, Leona and James were running towards me. All of them were wet, beaten up and in shock but otherwise they were alive.

Liam's eyes dropped on the girl.

"I'll explain later but for now we need to take her inside and wake her up and she's a demigod," I said.

"I'll get the nectar and ambrosia!" said Leona.

Liam and James got the girl inside and I followed them.

"Where's my mother?" I asked.

"Inside," replied Liam. "She's okay."

James and Liam settled the girl down on a bed and not far on another bed was my mother.

I raised my hand up to silence her before she could speak.

"Just let me explain," I said.

And so I told them everything. The serpent, the girl, and the treasure I snuck into my pocket. I was just about to spill the contents out of my pocket until a cough escaped the girl's lips and her eyes fluttered open.

Leona forced nectar and a square cube of ambrosia into the girl's mouth and things changed.

The stump of her arms grew and suddenly the nine year old girl became a teenager with two arms.

The girl sat up straight and looked at each and everyone of us.

To be honest she was very beautiful with the long black hair and Japanese features...

"I'm Sakura, daughter of Persephone," she said. "Thank you for saving me, Phillipa Nelson."

I was too stunned to speak so I just smiled.

"Phillipa, why don't you show us what you got!" said Leon

"Gold iPhone, diary and car keys!" I said taking the items out of my pockets.

"Ooh! ooh! ooh!" James began jumping up and down like an idiot. "Can I try unlock the diary and read it?"

"Okay," I said without much emotion, giving the diary to the satyr.

James was not strong enough to break the lock... Leona began laughing so hard that she eventually became a clapping seal.

"James just give me the diary," I said. He embarrassing himself a lot now.

James gave me the diary and I pulled off the lock without breaking a sweat and giving the diary back to James. The satyr spread the book open but didn't read it.

"Let's save this for later, let's look at the other stuff."

James closed the book

No one objected so we looked at the iPhone next but it was not working.