𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀.

𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄.
'𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒'

SOON AFTER, the two groups sorted everything out and had introduced each other, theo learned that the alien girl was mantis, the alien guy was drax, and uncle thor was with a raccoon named rocket.

she thought it was kind of weird but weird is on the agenda for today.

soon, the two parties moved outside into the planet. she quickly walked over to peter as quill was measuring the axis. she looked at his face, placing her hands on either side of his face. "he didn't hurt you, right?" she asked him quietly.

he shook his head, smiling a bit. his eyes darted to the small cut that was on her forehead. "you're hurt." he spoke, pointing to her forehead.

she shook her head. "i can handle it." she told him, looking up at him.

he frowned and then sighed. "i really wish we were watching a movie or something right now, this whole space travel business really tires me out." he mumbled, resting his head on her shoulder.

theo giggled and grabbed his arm, pulling him so we were with the rest of the team. tony was explaining to quill his plan.

"yeah, we got one advantage. he's coming to us. we'll use it. all right, i have a plan. or at least the beginnings of one. it's pretty simple. we draw him in, pin him down, get what we need. definitely don't wanna dance with this guy. we just want the gauntlet." he explained, looking around at everyone.

theo nodded along, but then heard someone yawning. she looked over and saw drax yawning, which made her roll her eyes.

tony looked at him, getting annoyed. "are you yawning? in the middle of this, while i'm breaking it down? huh? did you hear what i said?" he asked him seriously.

"i stopped listening after you said, "we need a plan."" drax said.

theo shook her head, crossing her arms. "zero brain cells." she mumbled as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"hey what'd you say?" quill asked theo, trying to intimidate her.

she looked up at him. "oh sorry, i said zero brain cells." she said as she gave him a sarcastic smile. quill furrowed his eyebrows, about to say something else before tony spoke.

"okay, mr. clean is on his own page." he grumbled.

"see, "not winging it" isn't really what they do." quill informed him, shrugging.

"and you said that you guys are... 'the guardians of the galaxy'? well now i'm worried for the safety of the galaxy." theo said, scoffing. she looked down at the planet's ground and kicked around a rock.

"uh, what exactly is it that they do?" peter asked as he pointed to drax and mantis.

"kick names, take ass." mantis said, as fiercely as a kitten. theo snorted out a laugh, not taking them seriously.

"yeah, that's right." drax said, nodding proudly.

"this has got to be a joke." theo mumbled, shaking her head. it was like she woke up in a dream– or a nightmare– and this was it.

tony pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. "alright, just get over here, please. mr. lord, can you get your folks to circle up?" he asked.

""mr. lord." star-lord is fine." he says and motions for drax and mantis to come over.

tony shook his head. "we gotta coalesce. 'cause if all we come at him with is a plucky attitude...." tony trailed.

"dude, don't call us plucky. we don't know what it means. alright, we're optimistic, yes." quill says, putting his hand up.

theo looked between the two men, rolling her eyes.

"i like your plan. except it sucks, so let me do the plan, and that way it might be really good." quill continued, crossing his arms.

drax walked up next to quill. "tell him about the dance-off to save the universe." drax said, nudging him.

theo let out a laugh, covering her mouth. "sorry." she mumbled as she looked at the ground, trying not to laugh.

tony shakes his head. "what dance-off?" he asks, curiously.

"it's not a... it's not... it's nothing." quill says, letting out an awkward chuckle.

"like in footloose, the movie?" peter asks, his eyebrows furrowing.

quills eyes widen. "exactly like footloose. is it still the greatest movie in history?" he asks.

"it never was." theo scoffs.

quill frowns at me.

tony turns to the kids. "don't encourage this, alright?" he says, shaking his head.

theo and peter nod, looking at each other as they stifle a laugh.

"we're getting no help from flash gordon here." tony mumbles, sighing.

"flash gordon? by the way, that's a compliment. don't forget, i'm half human." quill says and points at theo, peter and tony. "so that 50% of me that's stupid? that's 100% you." he says, smirking like he was impressed with the "burn".

tony looks at, amazed at his stupidness. "your math is blowing my mind." he says, shaking his head.

theo groans. "honestly, you're a genius." theo grumbles.

"excuse me, but... does your friend often do that?" mantis asks as she points to strange.

strange is sitting cross-legged, floating slightly above the ground, his hands poised in a mystic gesture.  green vapor-like energy flows from the stone, and more intricate magical energy patterns circle strange's forearms.

the cloak flows behind him as if the stone is creating a strong breeze. his eyes are closed, and his head is jerking rapidly from side to side, the motion blurring, but resembling looking for something.

tony runs up to him, patting him on the shoulder. "strange! we okay?" he asks.

strange snaps out of his trance and falls forward, letting out a cry.

"you're back. you're alright." tony says, calming him.

"hey, what was that?" peter asks as him and theo walk up as well.

"i went forward in time to view alternate futures. to see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict." strange says.

"how many did you see?" quill asks.

"14,000,605."

"how many did we win?" dad asks slowly.

strange stares intently at tony for a moment.

"one."

☆☆☆

word count 1024 words

author's note i really hated quill in this movie lol

-emma