4. Deposit

June 29th, 1989
I wake up to silence. My alarm wasn't going off. I turned to look at the time 9:00. Shit. My alarm didn't go off, I was meant to be a work now and it take me at least half an hour to get there with LA traffic. Shit shit shit. I was so fired, I'd already been really late twice and I was on my last warning.

I immediately jumped up and ran to the bathroom. I was running around like a maniac, I couldn't let myself get fired. I hated my job but I needed it, Jada and I were meant to put down a deposit on an apartment in a week and I didn't get paid until tomorrow. I didn't eat breakfast or do my hair I was in such a rush.

Waiting in traffic was the worst part, just sitting there, knowing that I was probably gonna lose my job within the next hour. I finally pulled up outside the shitty cafe that I hated working at and ran up to the door. Just as I reached building I saw my manager placing a sign in the window that said "waitress wanted". Shit.

"I am so so sorry my alarm didn't go off and I got here as fast as I could I know that I'm on my strike but please please I really need this job," I blurted out before my manager Sharon could cut me off. She looked up to me as if she had control of my whole life and I could tell she loved the power she had. She's a bitch if you couldn't tell. "Oh Jordan, you know I would love to give you another chance," she said while putting a hand on my shoulder and giving me a fake sympathetic smile. "However, at this point I have to think about business, and to run a successful business you need control over your employees. You need their respect, they must think highly of you. Now put yourself in my shoes, it looks bad if i can't even get you to turn up to your job on time. Three times, three times already in four months of working here. For me that's too much," she proclaimed as she gave in hiding joy as she was now just smiling at me. "You're fired." Her expression changed to a serious one as she could she mine change to a pissed off one.

I could feel the anger boil up inside of me. How dare she take joy in her firing me?! She knew my situation. What a twat.

I took off my name tag and apron and threw them on the ground making sure to make a scene in front of the customers. If I was gonna leave, then I sure as fuck wasn't gonna leave quietly.

I backed away with my hands up, "fine, I hate this fucking job anyway". Just before I walked out the door I took the "waitress wanted" sign, ripped it, crumpled it up and threw it on the floor. "Shove it up yours Sharon." I stated while flipping her off. I stormed out and didn't look back.

As I got back into my car I smacked my head down onto the steering wheel. Jada's gonna be so pissed. Now that I can't afford the deposit.
I angrily blared here I go again by whitesnake on repeat the whole way home.

When I got to Duffs apartment I didn't even know what I was gonna say I just bursted through the door. I passed the guys in the living room who were watching mtv and sipping beer apart from slash who was strumming an unplugged les Paul. I stormed into the kitchen grabbed a beer for my myself and joined the guys on the sofa. They all stared at me expecting an explanation of some sort.

"Are you o-" " I got fired," I announced interrupting Steven. Duff came over and sat next to me. "Awe, I'm sorry sis. I'm sure you'll find another job soon enough," he said trying to comfort me. "I'm alright, I'm just pissed. My bitch of a manager Sharon was fucking smiling while she was lecturing me about being late. Cheeky bastard knew I needed that job." "Actually I think she's your ex manager now," slash said timidly as I shot him a dirty look. "Now I'm in a shitty position because I can't afford the deposit on the apartment me and Jada wanted, she's gonna be so pissed," I said while holding my head in my hands. "It's alright, you can stay here until you get back on your feet," Duff offered. "Thanks bro but what about Jada, we can't live this cramped for much longer." I knew I was right Duffs apartment was only a two bedroom and with the amount of shit Jada owned it was like four people lived here. "She can crash at my place," Steven offered. I'd noticed them two getting quite close on the at the bar the other night, something told me that the thought of staying with Steven would make Jada a lot less pissed at me.

I ran up to Steven and gave him a hug. "Thank you, and thank you," i exclaimed while looking back over to Duff. Axl has stayed pretty quiet the whole time. We hadn't really spoken a word to each other since the incident at the bar the other night. I wasn't surprised nor pleased by his silence.

————————————————————————

I was sat on my bed in my room making a list of all the places I could think of to get a job when there was a knock at my door. "Come in," I shouted, to my surprise Axl walked in.
They're my heart went again.
"Hey em I just wanted to apologize," he told. "Why? You're not the reason I got fired,"
" I know, I just felt bad and I wanted tell you that I know what it's like to be struggling for money. It's shit but there's always some way to stay on your feet. That's not actually why I came though. I wanted to apologize for what happened at the rainbow, I know I probably made it a bit awkward for you and your boyfriend," he apologized. I was not expecting that. "Thanks, I know I'll be alright it's just a bit shit. It wasn't totally your fault at the bar, Jacob was being a bit of an ass," I said while looking at him straight in the eyes.

His eyes are just so beautiful, they're green but almost a bit blue at the same time. I can't stop looking at them. Realizing I was staring I snapped out of my trance and warned, "but I swear to god if you call me woman again I'll break your nose." He smiled making his eyes shine.
Those god damn eyes.
"Ooo, I like it when you get feisty," he teased.
"Shut the fuck up," I said while throwing a pillow at him and laughing. "See ya later," he laughed as he left my room and weakly saluted me.

For a minute I sat there staring at the door just, smiling. My heart was still beating out of my chest. Every time I thought of his smile or those fucking eyes my heart goes racing. I hated myself for it, what if Jacob was thinking about another like this? That would make me feel shit. He can never know about this.

————————————————————————

Author's note
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I am gonna put more of Axl into it, it just didn't fit for most of this and I had to explain why Jordan was still staying with Duff.