14

Y/n's POV

My house was dead silent, which was weird. Normally you'd hear the tv on or mom making a ruckus in the kitchen. Even her snoring at night. But there was no noise.
I lead there in my bed wondering if I went deaf. I snapped my fingers to make sure. Guess I'm not deaf. I got out of my bed and went to check moms room. She wasn't there. Then I remembered her not being here when I got home last night. I thought she would be home by now. Oh well, I'm tried of being worried about her. She's a grown woman and can take care of herself.

So I went on with my day. She'll get home when she gets home. But then I remembered something that fulled me up with stress. I'm failing school,and if I don't pass my final exams I have to redo the grade. So I got dressed, graded my school stuff and went to the bus stop. Every Saturday me and Nicholas go to the dingo for breakfast. And Nicky is pretty brainy and I know he'd be glad to help. Sense we live on different sides of town and I don't feel like walking the bus seems like a good idea.

My mind went to Dallas. Why did I help him last night? Well, he was bleeding all over why was I supposed to do, he wasn't going to help himself. But he asked me if I liked him. or in his words the "hots for him".His fun to tease and to drink with. But he hit on my best friend and almost started a fight with Matthew, which even though Matthew deserves to get the shit kicked out of him, is not cool. It would be a meaningless fight. I decided I don't like Dallas Winston. I can't see why anyone would. If anything he'd just get me jailed.

The bus came to a stop in front of me and I hoped on. All I need to focus on is passing the grade. Or I could just drop out. Whatever works.

Time skip

I approached Nicks door. I did our special knock and walked in. Me and him built a treehouse when we were little. And like most kids do we had a special knock that only we knew. But about a year later there neighbours complained about the tree crossing over into there yard and having the leaves getting all over there yard, so they chopped it down. And now we use the knock whenever we go over to each other's houses and simply walk in.

"Nicky!" I hollered.

"I'm in my room!" He hollered back.

I walked up the stairs to get to his room. I found it funny. I've been in this house over a billion times, but still find myself amazed at how big it is.

I Open the door to his room and flopped on his bed. "So." I said. I wanted to see if he'll tell me about his date he had last night.

"So what?" He replied.

"Ugh, How was your date?"

"You new about that? How-" I cut him off.

"I called last night to see if you were busy, which you were. And Maddie picked up the phone and told me." I spoke a little faster than normal. "Now, who was it and how was it?"

"She's a girl in my history class. She's a nice girl but all she talked about was history. Man could she ever talk. I was barely able to say anything without her interrupting me." He rolled his eyes.

"What about that girl at the movie house. I bet you'd two get along just fine." I suggested.

"Maybe, I just have bad luck with stuff like this." He Shrugged.

"Don't sweat it you'll find someone."

He sighed and gave me a weak grin. "What's with the school bag?" He motioned to my bag full of school stuff.