Chapter 16: Something's off with Eliza

A/N: Up there is Eliza. I realised I never had a visual of Eliza before so there you go. And it works with the chapter.

Eliza's Pov

The four stooges were talking about some battle strategies and I was listening to them. Kind of. I was thinking about something. I was quiet as I slowly ate my food. "Hey Eliza, you okay." I heard someone call out to me. I turn my head to face them. "Hm, yeah what's up?" I asked.

"You were kind of out of it. You okay?" Chooki asked. "Yeah. Just thinking about something." I said. "Okay," Chooki said. I put my food down and got up. I left to go to the bathroom slowly. Once I got inside, I washed my face and looked at myself. I could see the tired in my eyes and I sighed.

*after school*

I was walking home with thoughts on my mind when I saw that Chooki's mother had just gotten home. "Oh, hi Eliza." Mrs Mason greeted. "Hello, Mrs Mason. Do you need help with anything?" I asked.

"No. Oh, but I was wondering, would you and your parents like to come over for dinner this Friday?" Mrs Mason asked. "Oh, for dinner?" I questioned. "Yes, is there a problem with that?" Mrs Mason asked.

"No, it's just my parents have business overseas at the moment and won't be coming back for a while," I said. "Oh, that's a tragedy. Well, would you be able to come over?" Mrs Mason asked. "I should be able to. I am truly sorry about my parents though." I said.

"It's okay," I just thought we should meet the family our neighbour. You have been living here for about four years." Mrs Mason said. "I am really sorry. My parents do have a lot of business around the world and my older brother is studying in a completely different country." I said.

"Oh well. It would be nice for you to come over again." Mrs Mason said. "Okay. Well, I'll be heading off. I've got homework to do." I said. "Okay, I'll see you on Friday." Mrs Mason said. "Okay, see you on Friday," I said, walking into my house.

I pulled my hands through my hair before collapsing on the floor. I looked up at the ceiling and sighed. I got up and went to the kitchen. I took out food to eat. As I was waiting, I picked up a photo frame I kept in my kitchen.

"I miss you guys," I said, feeling a bit nostalgic. I grabbed my food and sat down to eat, looking around the empty house.

*later during the week*

I was walking to meet up with the four doofuses at lunch because, as usual, they wanted to discuss more battle plans. "Can't I just spend one lunch alone?" I questioned myself. I then stopped, remembering something from my childhood.

*flashback to nine years old*

I was waiting in the office for my aunt to pick me up. "Eliza, what happened now." My aunt said as she approached me. "I hate it. The looks they give me. I hate it." I said. I then saw my brother. "Hey, it's gonna be okay." My brother said, hugging me. "Hey, you two, let's get you home." My aunt said. I nodded and we went home.

*flashback end*

I didn't realise I had some tears falling down my face and that I had stopped. I frantically wiped my tears away before getting to meet with the others. "Your eyes are red, are you okay?" Chooki asked, immediately noticing something wrong.

"It's fine, don't worry about it," I said. "What was the, oh so tough Eliza crying." Ceylan teased. I kicked him in his shins and elbowed him in the gut. "And the almighty Tributon is down. How is it to be defeated by a measly girl?" I questioned.

"Can we not fight," Guren suggested. "Sure, anyways, what's the plan?" I asked. And with that, we sat down to discuss the battle strategies. Soon it was Thursday, I was sitting in the living room, doing my homework when I had another memory.