Chapter 6

"Good morning, sleepyhead." I yawned and looked to my left, where the voice came from. Harlyn was standing in the kitchen with a knife in his hands, an apron around his body and was dancing to "Counting Stars" by One Republic. 

I asked the obvious question, "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing?" he asked rhetorically. "I'm making breakfast." He swayed across to the refrigerator and opened it, taking out milk and cheese then closing it with one of his foot. 

  "Hmmm...Are you okay? You seem a bit off." I frowned at his unusual behaviour. This was not the Harlyn Hope I was used to. I've never seen him like this before. His current attitude was completely new to me. He was happy, very happy. 

He laughed, "I'm always like this; you just didn't know it."

"Why are you so happy?" I questioned with my eyebrows raised.

"I'm cooking. You can't be sad and cook; the food will never taste good." He answered with a smile. He walked over to his phone and turned down the music. 

There was something about seeing Harlyn happy that was unusual to me. It just didn't fit the profile that I've built around him for the past two years. He was a ruthless and selfish jerk who always had a smirk on his face. Yet, this morning, he was smiling, dancing and cooking. Things that I've never associated with Harlyn Hope. 

 I walked over to the stool around the island and took a seat. This wasn't a scene to miss. 

I watched as he took up eggs and break them in a bowl. 

"How was your sleep?" he asked with his attention on the eggs. 

"It was okay." It was more than okay. The bed sheets were made of rich silk, and the mattress was just as comfy. Last night was the first time in a while that I really enjoyed my sleep. I went to bed not worrying about work, something that I never do. 

"How was your sleep?" I repeated for conversation sake. 

"Amazing." he turned to me with a bowl and a whisk in his hands. "What would you like to do today?"

I frowned at him. "Didn't you say that we're gonna work?" Wasn't the honeymoon just for appearance sake?

He turned from his task and look at me, "We are in Maui for two weeks. We can enjoy the island during the days and work at nights."

  "Don't you still have a company to run? How can you be talking about enjoying the island?" I just didn't make much sense to me. How can you enjoy yourself and run a business at the same time? 

 I worked for my father for three years after college then I left to start my own business two years ago. Ever since I became an entrepreneur, I barely had time for fun, and my business was small compared to Harlyn's. 

"You can't own a business without knowing how to delegate. I've left the necessary persons in charge. If there is an emergency, they have my number. I own a  software company as long as I have my laptop and internet, I'm good. " he turned back to the eggs. "You were excited when I mentioned Maui to you the night of the engagement."

I shrugged, "I've seen pictures. It's a beautiful island. I never really thought much about it beyond that." How could I? My business has always been my main priority. 

He lifted the bowl of eggs, and a whisk then turned to me. "Frankly, you're a great entrepreneur, but I think you work too much. Lighten up; your business won't go up in flames if you're not there for two weeks." He started whisking the eggs. I was tempted to ask him what he was planning on cooking, but I didn't want to stray from the current conversation. I needed to know what his plans were.