Chapter 7

I looked at the dip in front of me then back at Harlyn.

He frowned, "What's wrong?"

"Well, I'm afraid of heights." When Harlyn told me earlier that we'd be going on a little adventure, Jungle Zipline wasn't what I expected, not that I expected anything close to it either.

He smiled, "The great Finola Mona afraid of heights?" he chuckled. "I thought you weren't afraid of anything."

I rolled my eyes, "I never told you that."

"You didn't have to. You're always stuck-up. You never smile." he stated. "That usually gives a fearless kinda vibes."

I frowned. He was right. I don't smile often, but it doesn't mean that I'm stuck-up. "I'm not stuck-up." I just have problems showing emotions. That still didn't mean I was fearless.

"Many wouldn't agree." I knew immediately what he was referring to. The paparazzi painted me as the bad guy ever since I broke off my engagement to Joesph; calling me, heartless, stuck-up, heartbreaker, and other cruel things. Yes, Joesph was handsome, charming and friendly, but he was also an arrogant jerk.

I rolled my eyes. "It doesn't matter what they believe anyway. I'm a nice person." Once you get to know me.

"I don't doubt that." I glanced at him. How can it be so easy for him to forget that he hated me? I still wasn't sure about him. Joesph did a great job indoctrinating me.

I removed my eyes from Harlyn and looked at the line. I couldn't see the end, which meant it was a long ride down.

"Don't worry. The straps are very secure. I'm sure after this you will no longer say you're afraid of heights."

"You should go first." I insisted. If he went first, then I could always blackout and walked to the other side, if that was even possible.

He chuckled, "You're not getting away so easily. It's a double zipline. We're going at the same time."

I sighed. There was no way out.

"It's going to be fun. Trust me." Exotic rides like this weren't something I was used to. My parents never had time to take us to amusement parks. Fun to them meant getting straight As and so not having fun became the norm for me. Always work, no play.

I looked at Harlyn, his blue eyes sparkling, "Since I'm already strapped up. I might as well go. But if I die, then I'll haunt you for as long as you live."

He chuckled. "Deal."

"Are you guys ready?" I glanced at the worker and back at Harlyn.

"Yes," we said simultaneously. My "Yes" wasn't as confident as Harlyn.

"Then let's go." he nodded to the guy on Haryln's side, and they both started to fix our hook. "Ready" he signal to his partner and he nod. Harlyn's eyes and mines made four as they pushed us off. I removed my eyes from his and looked ahead of me.

"Oh my god," I whispered as I went down the line. The wind brushed my face, adrenaline rushing through my body. Suddenly it wasn't so scary, the opposite in fact.

I laughed.

It felt great.

I glanced at Harlyn, who was equally amused. "I knew you'd like it," he shouted.

I screamed. "This is so fun." I looked below at the forest, and the fear of falling wasn't the first thing that came to my head, it was nature's beauty. Its lushness was breathtaking, and the birds flying below me made me feel so powerful.