Chapter 2

I look down at the 13-carat white gold engagement ring that was on my finger and couldn't stop staring at it. Not only was it bigger than the last one, but it was also prettier. Fabiola is going to go crazy when she sees it. It was her type of ring, beautiful and romantic.

"You should smile." I lifted my head and looked straight into Harlyn's captivating steel blue eyes. "You just got engaged to your ex's brother, smile. Look in love and happy."

I offered a small smile; it was a genuine smile. I didn't know how to fake smile, especially since I barely even smiled. Emotions weren't my things. Growing up with two parents who were all about the money and not much about family. Fabiola, Fiona and I didn't get love and affections thrown at us by our parents, and that's why as an adult, I still have problems understanding my emotions and that of others. Fabiola and I were both adults with jobs, but Fiona was still in high school and living with our parents. I feel sorry for the poor child, but it was her senior year, and she would be out of that environment soon.

"I don't know how to look in love and happy." After all,  have never been in love, and happiness was relative.

He nodded acceptingly. "Fair enough, I'll try and cheer you up. What makes you happy?"

I thought about his question for a while then offered a small smile, "Food."

He chuckled, "Okay, fair enough. What's your favourite restaurant?"

"I don't go out that often but when I do I usually go to Mexican restaurants."

"What's your favourite Mexican dish?"

"Enchiladas, with lots and lots of cheese. Beef burritos with beans and cheese are the best I swear and my all-time favourite quesadillas with beans and guacamole, so delicious." There were a few things that I had an immense passion for, and one of them was food. Every day I sent at least an hour on Pinterest looking at pictures of food. Sometimes I'd take the risk and try making the dish at home, sometimes I'm successful, and other times my fire alarm would go off.

"I think you should marry a Mexican instead of a plain man like me with Australian roots." he joked.

"Woah, that's a great idea. I better start looking for him before they finished that wall."

He burst out laughing with cause me to laugh as well, who knew Harlyn Hope could laugh at loud, especially in a very elite restaurant. I look to my right, and I saw a few persons watching with curiosity on their faces. I'd be curious too if one of New York's famous billionaire was sitting with me and  laughing so loudly.

He was probably used to people staring at him, but I wasn't, and it made me a little uncomfortable.

When Joesph and I were together we'd be in the spotlight, but the focus was never on me, it was always him, and I didn't mind. The less the public knew about me, the better.

"I didn't know you had a sense of humour," he said after he recovered from his outburst.

"There is a lot of things you don't know about me, Mr Hope."

"Likewise, Ms Mona. But in the past we were enemies, and now we're allies. So I intend to learn a lot more about you, especially since we're getting married in three days. Wouldn't want Joe to think we're faking it and so we have to be as real as possible."

"Oh, we're going to be real, real real." I moved my hands that was laying free on the table and place it over his. "Let's give your little brother what he deserves."

He smirked and clasped our hands together. "Sweet Revenge."

I looked in his eyes and repeated his words, "Sweet torturous Revenge."