𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏.

𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.
'𝐈𝐌 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐘'

THE AFTERMATH of the battle had everyone exhausted. theo helped her father up, her eyes water. "i should've done more." she whispered.

tony looked down at her.

she looked up at him. "i'm sorry. my powers aren't as strong as we both thought. i still need to work on them." she spoke as she shook her head.

he knew that she was blaming herself like she always did. "hey, you did all you could. thanos is too strong." he said slowly, bringing her into a hug and kissing the top of her head.

theo shook her head. "what do we do now?" she asked, looking up at her father.

before tony could respond, mantis stood up. "something... is... happening." she spoke softly and with that, she disintegrated into dust and the wind carried her away.

theo's eyes widened. "what the hell?" she mumbled, walking over. soon after that, drax disintegrated right next to her. she gasped as she watched, stepping back in surprise.

her heart rate went up, panic in her rising. she looked over to quill, seeing him disintegrate as well. she shook her head. 

tony shook his head. "steady, quill." he said before his whole body disintegrated.

theo started to breathe heavily, looking to her father. "dad, what's happening?" she asked as she walked over to him.

the two look to strange, who had accepted his fate. "tony, there was no other way." she hears strange say as he disappears.

with almost no one left, theo and tony glance around each other before another voice speaks up.

"mr. stark? i don't feel so good..."

theo's heart stops as she wills herself to look up to the familiar voice. "no." she mumbles, looking at peter.

peter stumbled over to them, theo grabbing his arms to hold him steady. peter doesn't register who's holding him for a second.

"you're all right." tony says, his voice unsteady as he thinks of a solution– anything, to fix this.

peter holds onto theo, looking at her and tony. "i don't know what's– i don't know what's happening. i don't– i don't wanna go, i don't wanna go. please, i don't wanna go. i don't wanna go..." peter rambles, tears running down his cheeks.

theo shook her head and laid him down on the rough ground. "you're gonna be okay, it's okay peter." she says, starting to cry. she watches as peter looks at them with fearful eyes.

she lets out a strangled sob. "i-i love you! pete please– don't go." she cries, holding his hand.

peter looks at theo, an apologetic look replacing the fearful one. "i'm sorry." peter says and disintegrates in theo's hands.

she stalls her cries, assessing what has just happened. she lets out another incoherent noise of anguish, her heart hurting from grief.

then, she looks down, realizing that she was disappearing as well. fear ran through her veins as she tries to backs away from it, into her fathers arms.

she looks at him. "no, no, no, dad!" she shouts, gripping him with her other hand.

tears run down his cheeks as he holds her. "no, hey, kiddo, it's okay." he speaks softly, calming her down.

"dad, dad, please no."

"i'm sorry. i'm sorry. i love you." he says, gripping her body tightly as she disintegrates in his arms.

then, everything goes black.

☆☆☆

word count 562 words

author's note wow! i finished another book! that's so crazy. this book really made me sad but i hope you have enjoyed it! this is NOT the end, i promise.

-emma ♡