ocho

Felix thought this would mean things would be different, but they weren't. Friday morning they met up, but they still kept their little bit of decreasing distance, and he still hung around Yeji. It was like they hadn't professed their love for each other the previous night, like nothing had changed.

"You just going to stare at them, or are you going to go over and say hi?" Chan scares Felix, making him jump.

"Jesus, Chan, you scared the shit out of me," Felix blushes realizing the older had caught him staring. The truth was it wasn't uncommon for the boy to stare at the couple, wishing it was him under Changbin's arm.

"Well you're the one who's staring instead of moving with the flow of traffic, people have classes to get to." Chan says pushing the younger's shoulder playfully.

Felix rolls his eyes, "You have a class to go to, I have lunch."

Chan whines, not wanting to go to his calculus class, "Lucky." He drags it out to make it more dramatic.

Felix pushes him in the direction of his class, "You, sir, are going to be late if you don't pick up the pace."

Chan scowls at his friend, "Yeah, well you should probably make your way to lunch eventually instead of spying on Changbin and Yeji." Felix opens his mouth to respond, to defend himself with something around the lines of 'I was not spying on them'.

But Chan cuts him off with a wink and a smirk, walking away.

This leaves Felix speechless.

"Good Morning, you look, excited." Felix looks his mom up and down trying to figure out what's wrong, never has she once been this energized on a Saturday morning. Not to mention before coffee.

She practically skips to the coffee pot, full from when her son made some earlier this morning. Felix watches with concerned eyes, "Are you okay?" His mom only looks at her son with a smile, she's also weirdly silent, and non-hostile, "Uh, eggs and bacon are in the microwave, they should still be warm."

She nods taking the food out, making her way over to the counter where Felix is sitting, "I am terrific, because today is the day you spill everything to me about you and Changbin."

Felix scoffs, blushing, she continues, "I had been waiting all week to find out who that mystery boy was, only to find out it's Changbin, the boy I've known for 4 years."

Felix laughs softly, closing the book he was reading, "Fine, what do you want to know?"

His mom scoots closer stuffing her face with eggs before looking intently at the younger, "Everything."

Felix shakes his head, giggling, "I don't know, Ma, it just happened, he kissed me, we went on a date, and now we're in lo-" Felix knew this was the natural progression, but the L word was a big deal and he hadn't told her about it yet.

His mom sits up straight, on the borderline of yelling, "You already said I love you??"

Felix laughs, shaking his head, "We've known each other a long time, I don't think it's so far out of the realm of possibility that we've been in love for a while."

His mom gasp, almost too dramatically, "You really think so?"

Felix giggles and blushes, "Changbin has always been different, I think I always knew, but I didn't, you know?"

Mrs. Lee smiles softly, looking at her love sick son, he looks so happy, "Yeah, I know,"

"Okay now you have to tell me all about this date you speak of."