Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words were never supposed to hurt me

My name is Alexandria. It was my grandmother's name passed down to me. My family are the only people who actually call me Alexandria. I usually go by my nickname, Lexi. I just moved to North Carolina from New York. My dad's job moved us 533 miles away from all our friends and family. I miss my best friend the most. Her name is Kara. I remember the first time I met her. We were in kindergarten at the time. She stole my crayons during art. I was so mad at her, until she apologized by sharing her goldfish with me. We've been best friends ever since. We used to wear the same costume on Halloween every year until the age of 7. We've had countless sleepovers.  She knows more secrets than my diary ever did (which I don't have anymore). Now we're separated, only keeping in touch through skype, facebook, and texting. We made sure to have the best sleepover ever before I moved so far away. We went to our favorite frozen yogurt shop and spent the rest of the night watching cheesy chick-flicks. I don't think either of us slept that night. We couldn't stop talking about what we would miss most about being together. We had a game we always liked to play. We made it up when we were 12. It was our own version of truth or dare. Instead of telling a truth, we had to tell a lie. It couldn't be a boring one. It had to be a crazy one that would surely make the other party laugh. We did the dare part the traditional way, though. We never thought of ourselves as either girly-girls or tomboys. We swooned over guys at our school and enjoyed looking feminine when we could, but we were not afraid to get dirty and climb trees.